Trinity Alliance Church
20639 State Highway 299 E
Redding, CA 96003
Date Posted: 3/18/2017 - 4/18/2017
Denomination: Christian and Missionary Alliance (CMA)
Church Size: 200-250
Job Type: Full-Time
Trinity Alliance Church is seeking a Lead Pastor that will lead the church in fulfilling its mission of being an environment of transformation.
The candidate’s life will be a model for Christian living and be able to guide others in developing their own Christian walk. He should have a shepherd's heart that looks to love and support the congregation as well as providing an environment for developing
a healthy sense of family-like community.
The candidate will give solid biblical preaching that draws the congregation into the knowledge of God and provides applications for everyday living. An evangelistic message of the good news of Jesus should be evident in his preaching and teaching.
The candidate will have insight into people that allows him to develop their leadership potential. This includes equipping, motivating and encouraging the congregation in outreach and in the use of their spiritual gifts.
The Lead Pastor is to provide spiritual and pastoral leadership for the Trinity Alliance Church family. He will serve as the chief administrator of the congregation, so that it might fulfill its mission and purpose as the body of Christ. The Lead Pastor
will preach, teach, and give primary leadership in the ministries of Worship, Administration, Stewardship, and Outreach.
- At least 5 years of full-time church ministry.
- Licensed by the Christian & Missionary Alliance. CMA ordained preferred.
- (If not CMA licensed or Ordained, must be willing to be licensed and ordained by CMA).
- Undergraduate degree required. Graduate level pastoral/theological/ministry degree preferred.
- Formal pastoral and/or theological education at the undergraduate and/or graduate level expected.
- Exemplifies the qualifications found in I Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, I Peter 5:1-5, and Acts 6:4.
- Has a theological perspective that is consistent with the CMA.
- The Lead Pastor serves under the local supervision of the Governance Authority (hereafter referred to as the “Elders” or “Elder Board”) of Trinity Alliance Church and under the district oversight of the Central Pacific District.
RESPONSIBILITIES subject to review, but not limited to:
- To regularly preach and teach the Word of God, generally in a Bible-centered manner. To “rightly divide” the Word of God (II Timothy 2:15) and convincingly present it to the church family.
- To be committed to prayer, both personally and corporately.
- To officiate at special services, such as weddings, funerals, and hospital visits. To provide counsel to the church family on a limited basis.
- To collaborate with the worship leader to plan and develop Sunday morning worship services and other special services of the church as necessary.
- To oversee the administration and management of all areas of the congregation’s ministry in consultation with the elder board and staff.
- To be reasonably accessible to the church family both on and off the church campus.
- To support and assist the pastors and staff who have primary responsibility for the ministries of education, youth, missions, worship, and other pastoral care activities.
- To oversee the screening and hiring of support staff and collaborate with the Elder Board on the screening and hiring of ministry staff.
- To serve as the church representative to appropriate national and regional conferences and CMA gatherings (as approved by the Elder Board).
- To serve as chair of the Elder Board (governance authority) or to designate another member of the Elder Board to fulfill that role.
- To advocate responsible biblical stewardship in the congregation.
- To be a strong advocate of the CMA missionary vision.
- To grow the Kingdom of God and the TAC community through outreach to non-church groups and unconnected people. To demonstrate the ability to mentor new converts and grow new church leaders.
- To educate and encourage the congregation in the best use of their spiritual gifts to advance the Kingdom of God.
- To encourage the church family to personally participate in outreach locally and world-wide.
-Salary/Insurance is negotiable.
-Annual Vacation time as per TAC Policies and Procedures Manual.
-Reasonable budget for professional expenses of ministry.
-Education and conferences will be funded when possible.
-Salary review (conducted annually).
Interested applicants may apply through our church web site by clicking:
All candidates will be notified and kept informed of their progress throughout the process. You will be prompted to email your resume at the end of the application.