Christ Community Church is seeking a Student Pastor who will focus on discipling students and empowering students to lead. This position of leading both students and volunteers requires: faithful exposition of the Bible, healthy communication with parents,
facilitating dynamic events that students want to bring their friends to, leading student mission trips and student retreats, managing the student budget, and leveraging the resources that God has given CCC to create a special space for students.
MINISTRY TITLE: Pastor of Student Ministries
STATUS: Full Time
COMPENSATION: Based upon experience and regional compensation data for churches of 1300+
MINISTRY PURPOSE: Cast vision and direct the Student Ministry for Christ Community Church making disciples and empowering leaders for the next generation.
- A mature follower of Jesus Christ who demonstrates a passionate call to student ministry.
- Demonstrates a lifestyle and family life that is consistent in word and practice with the teaching of Jesus Christ and that of an elder/overseer (1 Tim. 3:1-7).
- Understands and embraces CCC’s mission/purposes/vision for ministry in accordance with the EFCA statement of faith.
- Willingness to be credentialed and licensed within the EFCA.
- An inspirational and influential leader who champions the Gospel with boldness and creativity.
Competency - Skills
- Meets the degree requirements of BA/BS of an accredited university or college.
- Demonstrates and articulates a thorough working knowledge of the Bible with an emphasis of communicating the Word of God with creativity and accuracy for students and parents.
- Possesses extensive personal and ministry experience engaging in Students Ministry (5+ years).
- Displays giftedness in key areas of leadership and other related ministry positions. Understands personal and spiritual makeup. (SHAPE = Spiritual gifts, Heart, Abilities, Personality, Experience).
- Demonstrates experience in recruiting, empowering, administering and leading effective ministry teams.
- Takes initiative in both tasks and building relationships in order to develop and deploy ministry leaders into ministry opportunities.
- A learner who continues to seek ways to reach students and disciple them strategically.
- Advances attractional and missional emphases for Student Ministry within the context of building relationships.
- Navigates professionally and compassionately between the goals of the Student Ministry and concerns of individual parents.
Chemistry – Relational Abilities
- Magnetic personality that attracts and builds rapport with students, parents, and volunteers.
- Appreciates the God given personalities and spiritual giftedness of others exercising both a spirit of discernment and deference.
- Recognizes that all people are on a spiritual journey and encourages others with grace.
- Firm in decision making but gracious toward people realizing that people are more important that programs.
- Adventurous spirit that is more afraid of missing opportunities than making mistakes while pursuing excellence as worthy of our Lord.
- Resolves relational and professional conflicts quickly by extending and receiving forgiveness.
- Weekly attendance: 1,300+
- Location: Pinehurst, NC
- Denomination: Evangelical Free Church of America
Application Submission Requirements:
- Resume with references
- Philosophy of Student Ministry paper (2 pages max.)
- Email submissions to: Anne Smith, Church Administrator at email@example.com