Job Title: Mercy Kids Director
Supervisor Title: Family and Mission Pastor
Primary Responsibilities: Mercy Kids Volunteers
- Schedule Mercy Kids volunteers for Saturday night & Sunday morning MK experience.
- Communicate regularly with your volunteers.
- Train Mercy Kids volunteers.
- Develop Volunteer Leaders who lead other volunteers.
- Recruit new volunteers to the Mercy Kids team.
Secondary Responsibilities: Mercy Kids Programing
- Maintain then improve Mercy Kids programs on Saturday night and Sunday morning.
- Prep and evaluate Mercy Kids curriculum.
- Care for and develop all Mercy Kids environments.
- Work with Mercy Students to ensure that we are using the environments, our talents, and our time to support each other.
- Hold regular Mercy Kids (elementary) events, child play dates, etc… for a growing kids ministry.
Tertiary Responsibilities: Mercy Kids Parents
- Support and coach parents to love and lead their kids well.
- Develop creative ways to promote and influence what is happening at home.
- Communicate with Parents via facebook, events, email, phone, coffees, etc.
Quaternary Responsibilities: Participate in All Staff Events
- Support and Participate in all church special events.
- Annual:: Easter, Christmas, and Birthday Bash.
- Semi-Annual:: Volunteer Parties and Family Ministry Promotions
- Monthly:: Directional Leaders Meeting
- Maintain God ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth.
- Join a discipleship huddle led by either the Family Ministry Pastor or Lead Pastor.
- Be loyal to the vision and staff of Mercy Road Church and always protect the unity of the church.
- Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and join God’s movement through Mercy Road Church.
We are a team, modeling community for our church. We’ll celebrate each other’s victories, pray for each other, and treat each other with respect. We’ll do life together.
Professionalism and Excellence
We value each other’s privacy and schedules in the office and in the home. People will know where we are during the day, what time we’ll be in and what time we will leave. We will do the things that matter most first, and not overlook the important for
the urgent. We will do what we say we will do and be on time and prepared for meetings.
We can accomplish more together than we can individually. We are not a federation of sub-ministries and realize that we all have a part in the overall vision of the church. We will communicate with each other and collaborate with each other. We will
respect each other’s roles and positions.
Fun and Authenticate Atmosphere
Ministry is hard, but rewarding. Our team values making our working environments as fun and authenticate as possible. We like to laugh together and cry together. If you’re looking for a place to make ministry a business, you’re in the wrong church! We
lean into drama and are in it for the long haul, not ministry that’s productive in the short-term and burns out our staff and leadership!
We will meet with God every day. We will cheat the ministry and the church before we cheat God and our families. We will work hard so we can honor our days off. We never take our staff hat off and realize that people are always watching.
Retreat and Relax
We will take vacation time and will complete a vacation request for to do so. Everyone needs a break and you’ll commit to resting well, so you can be fully engaged when you are working!
People matter more than programs, buildings and budgets, but not more than principles and purpose. We will get back with people within 24 hours when they call or e-mail us. We will close the loop on communication.