The Connections Pastor’s main responsibility is to create and direct an assimilation process to connect people to New Life Community Church and its ministries as well as integrate, grow and oversee Life Groups (small group ministry), which are one of our
pillars of discipleship. The assimilation process includes personally connecting with visitors and new attenders, managing the guest process, and assimilating individuals to Life Groups, ministries, volunteer and missional opportunities. The Connections Pastor
will need a unique blend of 5 elements: leading and managing people and processes, strategic thinking, creative ideas, an extroverted/energetic personality, and some administrative skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Be available as a point person on weekends to meet people and assist with needs.
- Connect face-to-face with new attenders and visitors during the week.
- Create and implement an assimilation process to ensure that every person that sets foot on our campus feels welcomed and has an opportunity to connect at New Life.
- Direct and grow Life Groups.
- Generate increased awareness of our church and respond to inquiries for connection.
- The Connections Pastor will be an individual who operates as a leader of leaders. In other words, we expect this individual will know how to multiply himself/herself by identifying the gifts and skillsets of those around them with the purpose of developing
and releasing others to do the work of ministry.
- Recruit and assimilate volunteers toward ministry and service opportunities.
- Develop effective systems of training, accountability and communication for all group leaders including Life Groups and volunteers.
- Execute a smooth sign-up process for ministry groups, including Life Groups and serving opportunities.
- Oversee the maintenance of the volunteer database.
- Demonstrates solid personal/spiritual disciplines.
- Ability to recruit, develop and place volunteers in ministry programs in the life of the church.
- Ability to assist others in assessing their gifts, skills and interests, and use tools to link them to ministry opportunities.
- Highly organized, administrative, and dependable
- Approachable, friendly, and outgoing
- Experience working in Planning Center, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- 2 years’ experience in a church with weekly attendance over 1000 is preferred.
- Church staff / ministry experience preferred OR a four-year degree in a ministry related field.
- Articulate a passion for Connections ministry.
- Called to serve as a supporting pastor. Ability to self-evaluate, willingly embrace and implement the team’s initiatives and positively respond to constructive feedback.
- Strong communication and creative skills.
- Ability to lead, interact and influence a diverse array of cultural and educational backgrounds.
Please submit cover letter, resume with social media profiles and reference letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our church at www.newlifeonline.com