The Vineyard Church in Rockville Centre, NY, is looking to fill a unique position of GO Pastor. The primary skill required for this position is to provide overall vision, recruit and train leaders to lead the ministries. The Vineyard is a growing, multi-ethnic,
multi-site church averaging over 400 in attendance each weekend.
Our mission is Disciples Making Disciples. Our Vision is to be a church that Experiences God’s love and shares it with others through intentional relationships. We accomplish this by Connecting with God and Others, Growing in relationship with God and Others,
Going to serve Others, and Bringing Others along. We desire to populate Heaven!
- Be organized, efficient, committed to time maximization, and able to manage your list of responsibilities
- Work while you are at work (be focused, not working on personal tasks, etc).
- Set specific goals for your area that are easily measured
- Add value to every task you work on, every meeting you attend and every request made of you.
- You are expected to take responsibility for the leaders and volunteers that serve under you by:
? Scheduling in such a way that you help them succeed in their area of service
? Respond quickly to volunteer communications, questions and concerns
? Provide advanced notice of serving opportunities ( 2-6 month schedules, weekly phone or email contact, etc).
- Take full responsibility for the excellence and development of all aspects of your area of oversight. Simply put: is the ministry getting better week by week because of your leadership?
- Perform general office tasks with the same passion and commitment as your specific ministry tasks. This includes running errands and performing tasks in areas outside of your assigned responsibilities.
- Exhibiting a strong Christian walk, prayer life, family balance
- Possessing wisdom, compassion, humility and a heart for service
- Possessing good organizational and communication skills
- Willing to yield to Vineyard authority and commit to accountability and constant prayer coverage
- Ability to recognize a healthy life balance and delegate, maximize, and utilize the gifts of others to share in this enormous responsibility
- Ability to act like a duck & shake the water off your back when things get tough!
- Called to the greater New York Metropolitan area
- Must be eager to exercise the gift of Evangelism through the gifts of Service, leadership and the desire for Kingdom Justice.
- Build a Go Team of “Partners” who are eager to exercise the gift of Evangelism
through the gift of Service, leadership and the desire for Kingdom Justice.
- Must impassion the church to engage the community outside the four walls of the church through the leadership of the GO Team.
- Must mobilize the church through the Go Team in partnerships with non-profits that meet the needs of families in need, children, teens, homeless population, and other groups that need the justice and mercy of God.
- Must mobilize the church through the Go team in relationship to local school district, civic centers, chamber of commerce, drug and alcohol coalition and other local organizations.
- Must impress upon the town through the Go Team that we are a highly valuable and necessary asset for the community.
- Must be able to build the Lynbrook Community Center with The Go team; secure grants, recruit tutors, psychologists, health and wellness personal, continually assess and meet the needs of the town.
- Must be able to grow our food pantry with the Go Team.
- Must manage the benevolence program with the Go Team for those that need various financial assistance.
-Oversee Go Groups- training and pastoring
-Build a Go Team
-Passionate about serving the needs of the community
-Have a basic knowledge of securing and producing grants
-Oversee Missions Partnerships
-Work with nonprofits
-Launching people into serving outside the four walls of the church
-Gift of compassion must be a primary gift in gift assessment
- Community events
-Mentally ill population
-Work closely with Gov’t organizations
-Oversee Health & Wellness center, benevolence fund, food pantry etc…
-Champion Food Pantry vision
-Pastor Church planters
-Oversee community church events
-Oversee Spiritual Gift Assessment
Build a highly effective Go Team that will be comprised of members with the gift of Evangelism expressed through Service and Leadership. The Go Team will mobilize the church at large by facilitating interaction with non-profits and other social justice organizations;
it is the goal of The Go team to help the church be the church and not just go to church. The Go Team is to hold the intentionality of The Great Co-Mission ever before the church as out nucleolus and sense of gravity; everything we do and stand for must have
the intentionality of sharing God’s love with others and populating Heaven. The Go Team will accomplish all of the Go Pastor’s oversights and be the main tool by which he/she operates. The Go Pastor will lead a Go Team and will do life with this community
of leaders while relationally pastor them; gatherings for fellowship outside of church is a must. The Go Team must be equipped to disciple and team up with the bimonthly rotation of newly recruited volunteers from LAUNCH, to engage in the following for Sundays,
and miscellaneous facility based events: greet guests, inform guests about building, programs, can explain who we are and what we believe, is intentionally relational with all attendees, can identify first and second time guests and build relationships with
them, be involved in identifying first time commitments to follow Jesus, understand how the gift of evangelism is expressed through the gift of hospitality and service. Recruitment for this team will be aligned with church metrics ensuring success of team
members and the team as a whole; required metrics for Go Team recruits are as follows: recruits must have the spiritual gifts of Evangelism, Service, Leadership and score a high “I” on disc assessment.
LAUNCH- Launch is our assimilation process for new church attendees, it is the means by which accomplish the “Connect” portion of our Vision Path for both the church and new attendees. Launch is designed to identify, invite, and engage new attendees,
so we can help them enter our Vision Path for discipleship. It is an event following the last Sunday Connect time once every two months. The event must be populated by the The Go Team Leaders, as to provide cross pollination of new attendees and the various
on ramps of our Vision Path. The itinerary of Launch for Go Team is to eat, have Go Team and leaders meet, greet and recruit Launch attendees
Experience: Theology degree is not required, however, the following are: high levels of experience with community based organizations & non-profits, able to secure grants, able to build teams and scaffold the hierarchy of a community center
organization, high level experience working within a church organization, must be an evangelist at heart, have the gift of service and be frustrated with a church model that only supports Sunday service and midweek bible studies… Must have a deep conviction
for the church to make significant and ongoing impact in their community.