The Vineyard Church in Rockville Centre, NY, is looking to fill a unique position of GROW Pastor. The primary skill required for this position is to provide overall vision, recruit and train leaders to lead the ministries. The Vineyard is a growing, multi-ethnic,
multi-site church averaging over 400 in attendance each weekend.
Our mission is Disciples Making Disciples. Our Vision is to be a church that Experiences God’s love and shares it with others through intentional relationships. We accomplish this by Connecting with God and Others, Growing in relationship with God and Others,
Going to serve Others, and Bringing Others along. We desire to populate Heaven!
- Be organized, efficient, committed to time maximization, and able to manage your list of responsibilities
- Work while you are at work (be focused, not working on personal tasks, etc).
- Set specific goals for your area that are easily measured
- Add value to every task you work on, every meeting you attend and every request made of you.
- You are expected to take responsibility for the leaders and volunteers that serve under you by:
? Scheduling in such a way that you help them succeed in their area of service
? Respond quickly to volunteer communications, questions and concerns
? Provide advanced notice of serving opportunities ( 2-6 month schedules, weekly phone or email contact, etc).
- Take full responsibility for the excellence and development of all aspects of your area of oversight. Simply put: is the ministry getting better week by week because of your leadership?
- Perform general office tasks with the same passion and commitment as your specific ministry tasks. This includes running errands and performing tasks in areas outside of your assigned responsibilities.
- Exhibiting a strong Christian walk, prayer life, family balance
- Possessing wisdom, compassion, humility and a heart for service
- Possessing good organizational and communication skills
- Willing to yield to Vineyard authority and commit to accountability and constant prayer coverage
- Ability to recognize a healthy life balance and delegate, maximize, and utilize the gifts of others to share in this enormous responsibility
- Ability to act like a duck & shake the water off your back when things get tough!
- Called to the greater New York Metropolitan area
- Must be eager to exercise the spiritual gift of Pastoring and Encouragement while building the Leadership of others through our vision path.
- Build a Grow Team of “Partners” who are eager to help others grow in relationship with God and others.
- Must champion and oversee our small group ideology of “context” over “content”; our groups are dynamic places for church members to invite friends, coworkers, and family who may or may not know Jesus yet. The content of a group is secondary to the greater
context of relationships.
- Must be able to raise up leaders/group coaches who will pastor small group leaders as they engage the church at large through small group participation.
- Must champion the various “front doors” of the church and welcome people into the vision path
- Must be able to provide on ramps of growth for the newcomer, disciple who is actively growing, disciple who is stunted, resourcing the variety of discipleship and contributing to the forward motion of people trying to follow Jesus.
- Must exude a high level of emotional intelligence
- Create an atmosphere of WOW hospitality during Connect times
- Other tasks as assigned
Provide pastoral coverage in the following areas:
- Grow Team of “partners” who coach/pastor and assist small group leaders in various ministry areas.
- Grow Groups
- The Grow area of Launch
- Partner with Go Pastor for Community Events
- Miscellaneous special events
- Recruitment of newcomers through partnership with Connect pastor/team
- Oversee New Believers program
- Oversee Coaching program
- Assist in leadership development
- Oversee Emotional Intelligence program
- Serve mentally ill population
- Assist with marriage through prepare enrich program
- Assist the development of our ongoing discipleship process
GROW Leadership Team- Build Sunday, Midweek and facility based
Grow Leadership Team- The Grow Pastor will lead a Grow Leadership Team called the “Grow Team”. The Grow Pastor will do life with this community and will relationally pastor it; gatherings for fellowship outside
of church is a must. The Grow Team must be equipped to disciple and team up with the bimonthly rotation of newly recruited volunteers from LAUNCH, to engage in recruitment to Grow Groups and one-on-one discipleship. The Grow Team will be present during our
large Sunday Connect times to meet and greet guests, inform them about the building, our programs, to explain who we are and what we believe, being intentionally relational with all attendees, helping to identify first and second time guests and build relationships
with them, identify and assist people who make a first time commitment to follow Jesus, understanding how the gift of pastoring and encouragement is expressed through the gift of leadership as facilitated through a competent Grow Team. Recruitment for this
team will be aligned with church metrics ensuring success of team members and the team as a whole; required metrics for Grow Team recruits are as follows: recruits must have the spiritual gifts of Pastoring and Encouragement, and score a high “I” on disc assessment.
Some of the evolving mechanics of the team are coaching/pastoring small group leaders seeking to support newcomers who have taken a Sunday Connect opportunity, celebrating this first step of growth through our vision path, forming relationships with people
outside of the service, inviting new attendees to LAUNCH, and to Grow/Go Groups, helping to recruit people for, Baptism, and other earmarks of discipleship. Clear and effective use and communicating with admin staff is a must.
Grow Groups- Our Grow groups are structured to handle the full continuum of discipleship. We engineer and reinforce the “context” of our groups above the “content”. We do not structure the groups
for people to grow in their personal discipleship as it relates to the spiritual disciplines, we instead structure the groups to be environments that people can invite their friends, family and co-workers who may or may not know Jesus, in order that our highest
value of relationships, which can lead to one-on-one discipleship may take place. We rely on our members to cultivate their own spiritual growth, and to experience God’s love, so they can share it with others through intentional relationships. We trust that
if all members are in accountability groups, and personally cultivating their relationship with Jesus they will be of maximum service to God and others. Group content can be as dynamic as the group leader can handle while purveying an environment that friends,
family, and co-workers who may or may not know Jesus can come to.
Experience & Qualifications: Seminary Education NOT REQUIRED, exemplify previous high level leadership in a local church, a four year degree, preferably with a background in psychology, social
work or education.