JOB TITLE: Children’s Director
SCHEDULE: Full Time (50 hour work week) / Exempt
REPORTS TO: Lead Pastor
JOB RESPONSIBILTY: To support Bethany Church’s mission to Love, Obey and Proclaim Jesus Christ. It does so through leadership and organization of the children’s programs at Bethany, including Sunday/Saturday School, mid-week fellowship,
VBS, AWANA and other special events. The foundational approach to success in this ministry is through equipping lay servants.
JOB PURPOSE: To develop vision with the Lead Pastor for the children’s ministry (nursery through 5th grade), consistent with plans for the overall church. Lead the ministry toward that vision progressively. Sustain growth in
the children’s ministry each year.
- Lead and maintain a children’s ministry leadership team, developing its members in the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Recruit, train, lead, support and develop volunteer leadership.
- Oversee Sunday School coordinators and leaders for Nursery through 5th grade, including AWANA and Vacation Bible School.
- Prepare and coordinate AWANA.
- Prepare and coordinate weekend services.
- Develop/implement new programs to foster spiritual growth, connect families, outreach to the community and build relationships to get children excited about knowing, loving and serving Jesus Christ.
- Oversee and assist in planning and implementation of special events.
- Select curriculum for Sunday School and various programs with input from coordinators and leadership team. Implement the curriculum.
- Advertise children’s ministry events in the bulletin, monthly Bethany Post, community, website, social media, etc.
- Relationship building skills – ability to interact with congregants and develop long-lasting relationships with congregants, staff, and pastors.
- Volunteer Recruitment – ability to recruit, train and develop volunteers that will contribute their time and talent to the various Children’s programs on a consistent basis.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills – must be able to effectively communicate plans and status to leadership, pastors, staff and congregations.
- Ability to teach and train lay servants to work with Children.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- At least 5 years of experience in church ministry, with emphasis in Children's Minsitry/Christian Education.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Program Management skills in a non-profit environment preferred.