Are you passionate about helping the local church welcome, serve, and disciple families? Could you thrive in a role focused on empowering others to share in the hands-on work of kids’ and student ministry instead of trying to do it all yourself? Would
you enjoy the challenge of planting gospel seeds, watering them AND staying around for the long haul to enjoy the harvest? If so, we hope you’ll keep reading.
Who We Are:
Macedonia Christian Church is an independent, non-denominational faith community that is about to celebrate our 187th birthday, (yep you read that right), and believes that our best days are ahead. We have a rich legacy, but aren’t content to
rest on our laurels- choosing instead to follow God as He leads us forward.
Macedonia enjoys many of the strengths of a long-established church. We are stable, financially healthy, have ample facilities and land, are blessed with committed leaders, and have people with decades of investment in our ministry.
We’re also a church that is experiencing the movement of God. Over the past year God blessed us with a peaceful, unified transition of senior leaders. Jesus is adding people to His body on a regular basis. We are seeing and celebrating the obvious provision
and timing of God. There’s enthusiasm and excitement about what God has in store for us next.
We’re mindful that God gives each church different resources and opportunities. He has given Macedonia the chance to create a harmonious blend of things that others might assume are incompatible opposites. We’re located “out in the country”, but are 5
minutes from the interstate and tons of shopping and restaurants. We have a beautiful 83 year-old sanctuary and a well-used gym and family life center. We offer people the chance to worship with hymns on the organ and piano and contemporary songs played
by a full band. We’re multi-generational and get to celebrate births and centennial birthdays. We do Sunday school and small groups.
The best thing about Macedonia? The heart. People are warm, welcoming and excited to engage new folks. They love each other genuinely and are quick to serve and meet needs. Ego and pretense are largely absent and authenticity abounds. There’s a dependence
on the Spirit and a single mindedness to follow Jesus as He leads us. In short, we endeavor to live like a spiritual family that is on mission with Jesus, because that’s who He says we are.
Who We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a new member of our family who feels called to be on the journey with us, and wants to shape and develop our ministries to families for the long haul (5-10 years). We’re asking God for someone who wants to call Macedonia home, not just
land a job or build a resume.
We’re searching for a devoted disciple of Jesus who is passionate about serving families in Jesus’ name. We’re seeking a shepherd who brings energy and warmth to the table and genuinely cares for people.
We’re praying for a team leader who enjoys inviting others into ministry and works hard to develop, equip and support those who serve alongside them.
We’re on the lookout for someone who can evaluate, strategize and execute with intentionality- while ultimately depending on the Spirit and power of God for results.
We’re seeking a humble, confident servant leader who doesn’t believe they have it all figured out, is hungry to continue learning and savvy enough to translate what they learn into our ministry context.
What You’ll Do:
Be the point person who is ultimately responsible for all aspects of kids’ (birth-5th) and student (6-12th grades) ministries. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Developing an effective vision, philosophy and strategy for family ministry that shepherds kids from birth-12th grade and is cohesive with the overall vision and culture of Macedonia.
- Selecting curriculum and developing and leading programs and events that help us accomplish the vision for family ministry.
- Building and equipping a team of volunteers who find joy in serving kids, teens and families and help ensure that these ministries are well-staffed, positive, creative, safe and fun.
- Recruiting, hiring and leading part-time team members and/or interns who join you in family ministry as funds allow.
- Shepherding and providing pastoral care for families and family ministry team members.
- Following up with families with children who visit Macedonia.
- Communicating generously with parents and partnering with them in discipling their children.
- Effectively stewarding the resources God provides through the Macedonia family.
As a leader in our overall church family, we expect that you will:
- Lead as a growing disciple of Jesus.
- Serve with vision, passion, humility and love.
- Be a supportive and collaborative member of the overall staff team.
- Be an active, invested part of the Macedonia family.
- Pursue personal health.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY USING THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON BELOW.
Instead, please email the following items to email@example.com:
- A cover letter (or email) that clearly expresses why you are interested in this specific role with our specific church community.
- Your resume, which highlights pertinent experience and education that have helped prepare you for this position.
- Samples of (or links to) any work you’ve done that represents your potential fit for this role (ex. video of you teaching youth or kids, any resources you have developed for kids’ or student ministry, etc.).
To Learn More:
- Browse our website: www.mcctherock.org. Disclaimer: Our site needs significant updating. However we’re choosing to put our energy into finding you instead of improving our image on the web right now.
- Watch a few of our Sunday teachings on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWGQc3HMfSEN7lS1WuroC2w
- If you are within driving distance and free on a Sunday, come worship and hang out with us! It’s the best way to get a sense of the spirit of the family you might be joining. We meet at 9am (traditional gathering) & 10:30am (contemporary gathering) at
4551 Winchester Road Lexington, KY 40509.