This modern, multi-generational church of 500+ is searching for a Spirit-filled, Spirit-led person who can create a worship experience where both the presence of God and excellence are valued. Leading from an instrument is a must, such as piano or guitar.
This is an energetic environment and a great opportunity to minister in a lively church. As the worship Arts Pastor of Life Church, this person would also have the opportunity to work with Life Christian School’s worship band class in developing a student-led
worship team for weekly chapel services.
Please make sure you meet all the requirements and qualifications. If you do, and you are interested in a ministry situation described above, please submit a cover email and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All candidate submissions will require a VIDEO link (of you leading worship) for further consideration. Please include links to videos in cover letter and resume.
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience
JOB DESCRIPTION / DUTIES:
- Provide leadership to areas of Worship Arts Ministry including communication, fellowship, mentoring, discipleship, and nurturing
- Coordinate with worship team members for worship services
- Develop and maintain quarterly fellowship times and teambuilding opportunities for all musicians and singers
- Coordinate and oversee all technical areas for weekend services including sound, lighting, and media
- Recruit, train, and develop musicians, singers, and technical crew (sound, media, and lights)
- Coordinate and oversee a team of creatives and craftsmen in developing and designing stage sets.
- Plan and rehearse all aspects of worship services (including but not limited to music, media, and the arts on a regular basis)
- Interview, audition, and rehearse all musical participants in the ministry
- Write, arrange and/or introduce new music, incorporating at least two new musical selections per month into the worship services
- Coordinate all functions within the Worship Arts Ministry, including an annual party
- Plan and coordinate yearly Christmas and Easter concerts/musicals as outreach opportunities for the church
- Plan and coordinate with ethnic congregations (that meet on church campus) for an annual International Sunday celebration.
- Recruit, rehearse, and lead all members of seasonal worship choir (if/when needed)
- Plan, coordinate, and develop a student-led worship team for Life Christian School
- Lead worship for special outings, events, and retreats for Life Church and Life Christian School
- Plan all aspects of Life Christian School’s annual involvement in the Oregon Fine Arts Festival in the Spring
- AT LEAST 4 years experience supervising a worship ministry at a church of 500-1000 or more in average worship attendance
- AT LEAST 4 years experience rehearsing a team and leading worship on a weekly basis
- AT LEAST 4 years experience in overseeing or working with technical artists (sound, lighting, media, and video)
- MUST be proficient on a musical instrument and able to lead from Guitar or Piano
- MUST be proficient in working knowledge of the various instruments involved in worship (“Speak” band and vocals).
- Have experience with Planning Center and ProPresenter
- Experience designing stage sets for the worship facility
- Experience planning and producing special musical and ministry events (concerts, prayer and worship services, musicals, etc.)
- Experience with leading and directing a choir (if/when needed)
- Bachelor's degree in a ministry or music-related field (or working towards this)
- Preferably a licensed or ordained minister (or working towards this)
Please make sure you meet all requirements/qualifications