NEW COVENANT UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
Associate Director of Worship – Lake Deaton Campus
Title: Associate Director of Worship
Supervision: Lake Deaton Campus Pastor (works in conjunction with Director of Worship for church-wide events / programs)
Compensation: Full-time, Exempt
Summary: The Associate Director of Worship will be responsible for directing, organizing, and implementation of a comprehensive church music program including choir, praise teams, vocals, bells and instrumental ensembles at the Lake Deaton
Campus while coordinating with the Director of Worship for large ministry events and church-wide special services. The Associate Director will also be responsible for the audio visual and creative arts aspect of each service.
- Commitment to and readiness to share in fulfilling the vision and mission of NCUMC.
- Consistently interact with staff, congregants, and public with warmth and hospitality.
- Able and willing to work with a servant attitude and a cooperative team spirit.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills, excellent long-range planning skills and exhibits strong communication skills.
- Dependable, responsible, self-motivated, high-energy, and creative.
- Attest quality musical skills and competence.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and motivate musicians and technical team members.
- Ability to shepherd volunteer musicians in their Christian life.
- Experience with technical aspects of contemporary services: for example, sound boards, theater lights, video editing, etc.—a plus.
- Bachelors degree in Music or Theology (Masters preferred).
- Minimum five years’ experience in church related setting preferred.
- Piano or guitar skills strongly preferred.
- Select and plan spiritually uplifting music for weekly services at Lake Deaton campus; blended and contemporary and special programming at the Summerhill Campus as needed.
- Recruit, develop, and maintain a choir and other instrumental entities.
- Participate in the creative planning of weekly and special services with the Lake Deaton Pastor.
- Recruit, equip, motivate, supervise and shepherd music team leaders and musicians.
- Oversee and supervise the multi-media, sound, and lighting personnel and volunteers.
- Work with external musical groups and Event Committee to provide special performances for the community held at church. Participate in monthly meetings of the Event Committee.
- Communicate faithfully to Lake Deaton Pastor, Director of Worship and staff
- Producing and directing special events, musicals and programs (including all Easter / Christmas / Holy Week Services) at Lake Deaton.
- Assist the Pastors in planning congregational services of the church and be responsible for selecting all worship music, including special music.
- Attend to special projects as directed by the Lake Deaton Pastor and Director of Worship.
- Lead congregational singing with worship team or alone with ability to read scripture and lead corporate prayer.
- Lead the Lake Deaton Worship Committee and provide a summary of committee activities.
- Coordinate all aspects of volunteers needed for worship including Ushers / Greeters /Communion Setup/Stewards / Creative Design and Flowers / Drama Team / Refreshments
- Oversee inventory of the music library, materials, supplies and musical instruments.
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of all musical instruments and related items, reporting to the Trustees.
- Encouraged to maintain a consistent program of self-improvement. Keep informed on current music methods, materials, promotional ideas, music outreach and administrative techniques.
- Responsible for overseeing of the Lake Deaton Music Ministry budget.
- Assistant and Coordinate with the Director of Worship on preparations and needs for church-wide special concerts / events / services.