New Covenant Church is located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina in the small town of Clyde. We are about 25 minutes west of Asheville and 10 minutes east of our county seat of Waynesville, the gateway to the Smoky Mountains.
New Covenant Church is a thriving regional church with a global impact. We are a spirit filled, non-denominational church that believes the church is to serve and influence the community we live in. This year we celebrate our 40th birthday and
are excited about how God has blessed and grown us.
We are looking for an energetic, passionate Children’s Pastor to oversee our children birth-5th grade, as well as pastor their parents. We want someone who can be part of a dynamic team and both attract and inspire our volunteers.
Summary of Position :
The Children’s Pastor is the advocate for the generations of the church and will oversee the structures and atmosphere of the church to ensure that the family of God is working together to make disciples of the next generation. The Children’s Pastor is first
an advocate for the children and their parents because these are the people who are least knowledgeable and least experienced in the Christian life and because parents are in the greatest position to influence the young.
Areas of responsibility The Children’s Pastor will oversee the discipleship systems from birth to 5th grade as well as to the parents. The Pastor will work closely with the adult
discipleship leaders to ensure that parents are prepared to lead their children and provide spiritual mentors when their parents cannot be the model.
• Oversee relational, engaging ministries to children.
• Ensure that the curriculum used at each level of spiritual development connects to the next.
• Ensure that ministry leaders connect regularly to the homes so parents experience a clear partnership in the discipleship of their children.
• Develop and expound a vision that leads to a focus on teaching Bible knowledge and demonstrating living Christian faith through the relational interaction between the pastor, other leaders and the young.
• Develop and implement a plan for ongoing parent training and encouragement.
• Oversee training that lead parents into a biblical study to help them understand their role and responsibilities.
• Coach parents and children privately on specific issues within their family.
• Encourage intergenerational gatherings to help the young and all generations to recognize God’s moving in His whole family.
• Work with the senior pastor and other ministry teams to ensure that there are opportunities for all generations to worship, learn and serve together.
Equipping and Encouraging Parents
• Work with ministry leaders to bridge the gap between what children are learning in their programs and what adults are learning in theirs.
• Guide ministry leaders in selecting or developing a curriculum that is cohesive from birth to 5th grade and that will help parents to complement what the church is teaching with their teaching at home.
• Develop channels of resources that allow the parents to lead in their homes in such a way that a corporate unity is maintained
Personal & Spiritual Growth
- PASSION and FUN. Must have a contagious passion for the discipline of children and the development of families. This person must also have a sense of humor and a strong desire to “enjoy the journey”
- Enthusiasm and joy – a naturally “bright” face and smile
- Emotional and relational intelligence
- Loyalty and dedication to NCC mission, values and leadership
- Spiritually mature Christian with consistent and long-term track record of Christ-like behavior
- Collaborative team leader who naturally motivates and encourages others
- Embrace and live out the philosophy that parents are the primary disciplers of their children