A thriving church in a growing community which seeks to draw and encourage people into a loving relationship with God compelling them to love others and serve our community and world. Our regular demographics register across multiple generations including
representation in all age groups. We are committed to excellence in how we serve and honor God in all things knowing that the commitments we make transcend to the people of our church ultimately reaching the lost for Christ.
Full-Time, Salaried (based on 25 hours a week)
Reports to: Lead Pastor
The Youth Pastor will oversee all Intermediate and High School Student ministry services and activities. The Pastor will be responsible for recruiting, equipping and leading both adult volunteers and student ministry leaders at CrossPoint. The Worship
Leader will oversee all worship services at CrossPoint church including Sunday along with occasional evening worship services and special events, providing the congregation with an opportunity of responding with spiritual devotion through music. The worship
leader will be responsible for recruiting, equipping and leading volunteers on the worship team at CrossPoint. Both ministries’ focus will be inline with our church mission statement including creating disciples, loving God, others and the community.
- A passion and perseverance for leading volunteers, students and families to full devotion to Christ.
- An ability to create vision and leadership for a ministry that meets the relevant needs of students and their families.
- An understanding of Planning Center Services and how to utilize the program to schedule worship music and team members.
- A knowledge of media and audio/visual equipment and software.
- Experience: at least two to three years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Education: Bachelors from a 4-year university preferred.
- Prepare and execute Wednesday night youth meetings and events, creating a relevant space for students to hear teaching, connect with peers, and develop lasting relationships through small groups.
- Interact with parents to promote a family friendly ministry and to create awareness.
- Initiate and lead a discipleship program for youth.
- Develop and train youth leadership team to serve in their area of giftedness.
- Recruit, develop and coach adult volunteer leadership team (sponsors?) to invest in relationships with students.
- Utilize all relevant forms of social media as an avenue for communicating with and reaching youth.
- Manage the Youth budget/funds with the oversight and approval of the Lead Pastor.
- Prepare and execute worship sessions on Sundays and as otherwise directed for special programs. This includes selecting and scheduling songs for worship and scheduling worship team members for each event. Build relationships with teens, getting into their
culture as much as possible.
- Build relationships with worship team members, utilizing their talents and abilities in the best ways to glorify God.
- Oversee audio/visual equipment and technical team.
- Develop and train potential and current worship team members.
- Provide care and oversight to the youth ministry worship team.
- Manage the worship funds with the oversight and approval of the Lead Pastor.
- Other pastoral duties as assigned.
This position can be split into two part-time jobs.