Title: Lead Pastor
Reports to: Congregation and elders
Works closely with: Faith Church staff, elders, key lay leaders, and congregational members as needed
Responsible for: Caring Ministry Pastor, Student Ministry Pastor, Church Administrator, Director of Worship, Children’s Ministry Director
Purpose of Position: To give spiritual leadership to the Body of Christ at Faith Church
Lead Pastor Profile
Faith Church is seeking an individual with a pastoral call for the Lead Pastor position who exhibits the following:
- Experience: He has had a previous successful pastoral role in a multi-pastor church, preferably in a lead Pastor role. He has worked closely in unity with church elders and honors their spiritual support, counsel, and accountability.
- Personality: He is friendly and approachable with a high level of collegiality with staff and members of the congregation. He can maintain a sense of gratitude in all aspects of life.
- Character: He is holy, humble, transparent, trustworthy, teachable, and faithful, with a strong personal prayer life, that aligns very closely to the Biblical standards for elders (Titus 1:6-9; I Timothy 3:1-7). Displays the fruit of the
Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22, 23).
- Gifting: He has a developed gift in expository preaching, is able to teach deep theological truths in his sermons, invests in and disciples those who report to him, and has a true and active shepherd’s heart.
- Passion: He loves Christ passionately. He embraces, and teaches, a proper view of the sinful, grievously lost nature of natural man, promotes a strong view of the pre-eminence of Christ in the life of the believer and the local church,
and promotes “God’s vision” for the church.
- Leader: Strong but meek (strength under control). Able to communicate Faith Church’s vision and direction, as well as its missional purpose in the community. He is actively engaged in a missional lifestyle. He is able to keep and attract
the younger generation, while preserving the value of long time members and seniors.
- Theology: He has formal Biblical training, preferably Seminary. He is in absolute agreement with the EFCA Statement of Faith. He embraces and teaches a high view of God, including His sovereignty, holiness, and grace.
Gifts, strengths and talents desired:
- Empowering others
- Lead the teaching team in teaching and preaching of God’s Word to further the spiritual growth and maturity of the congregation, preaching from 50-75% of the sermons himself.
- Shepherd, nurture, and pray for the flock at Faith Church
- Provide an environment through which the Body at Faith Church can mature in Christ and be equipped for the work of ministry
- Develop, clarify, and cast God-given vision for the future of Faith Church with the leading of the Holy Spirit and the assistance of Faith Church leadership
- Disciple Faith Church staff who will report to him and key leaders
- Manage, supervise, and conduct performance reviews for direct reports
- Serve on the Elder Board and represent the pastoral staff to the Elder Board
- Demonstrate proactive leadership that reflects the mission, objectives, core values, and the needs of Faith Church
- Qualifications for an elder as found in Scripture
- BA/BS from an accredited college or university
- MDiv or higher degree from an accredited seminary is desirable
- Demonstrated pastoral experience in a church of similar or larger size
- Experience managing and leading a multi-pastoral staff is preferable
- Strong organizational, management, and communication skills
Significance of the position: Help a church of approximately 700 to mature in Christ and have a greater impact in the city of Cincinnati and beyond
Application: After prayerful consideration and reviewing this opportunity please submit the following application materials via email to email@example.com. Should you have
any questions, please feel free to contact us via email.
- Cover Letter – introducing yourself and your interest in the position
- Resume/CV – your ministry experience, educational background, and at least three references
- Doctrinal Statement – a 1-to-4 page summary on your theological views on core doctrines
- Brief philosophy of pastoral ministry – a 1-to-2 page summary of your philosophy and practice of pastoral ministry
- Narrative of your salvation testimony
- Two sermons – including a sermon outline and a video or audio recording of recent sermons (or a link to a host site if the files are too large)