Elk Grove Baptist Church is seeking to impact it’s community with the gospel. It is strategically located near O’Hare Airport and the intersection of two major thruways, across from a major shopping mall and office complex, and next to a major hospital
making for a great opportunity to be a regional church. Elk Grove is located in the middle of the two largest counties in the State of Illinois, Cook and DuPage.
They have an attractive, debt free building that includes a gym used to reach out to our increasingly diverse community. They have the capacity for building expansion to match the growth of the community. They have a solid Elder Board who have positioned
the church spiritually and financially to take the necessary steps forward to reach the next generation with the gospel of Jesus.
Elk Grove is looking for an experienced Pastor (Senior or Associate) with a vision for, and experience in, reaching people far from God in a suburban multi-cultural setting. He will be a strategic leader with the ability to motivate others to pursue God and
have kingdom impact.
- Leadership and Vision
- A strategic, motivational, and operational leader
- A persuasive coach and team builder
- A lifestyle of relational evangelism, and experience motivating and equipping others for effective community outreach.
- Able to lead in a way that earns the trust and support of the congregation, and builds consensus to navigate change.
- An energetic, proactive, problem solver, coach, and team builder
- One who organizes, energizes, and empowers board, volunteer staff, and ministry leaders to implement our shared vision.
- Proven ability to overcome challenges and achieve goals
- Preach and Teach
- Preaching for life transformation by applying the truth of God’s Word to people’s felt needs and spiritual needs in culturally relevant language
- The style should be informal, inspirational, positive, and encouraging, with both practical application and personal challenge
- Model a life passionate for Jesus Christ and His church
- Model a heart committed to reaching the far from God and making disciples in accordance with the great commission
- Model attitudes and behaviors guided by biblical principles and demonstrate a strong devotional and prayer life and consistent spiritual growth
- Personal Qualities
- The Senior Pastor shall meet the New Testament requirements for office as listed in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Character of humility, authenticity, self-disciplined, passionate, proactive, and persevering; motivational people-person and consensus builder.
- Professional Qualities
- Minimum 5 years as Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor in a suburban church
- M-Div preferred; Baptistic ordination preferred
- Must agree with, and be energized by, our Mission, Vision, Statement of Faith, and be willing to affiliate with Converge MidAmerica and Converge Worldwide.
Applicants should send their resume via email with ELK GROVE PASTORAL SEARCH in the subject line -
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY VIA THE CHURCH STAFFING WEBSITE.
Also applicants are required to include an audio or video file or web link to a recent sermon. Video is preferred.