The Executive Pastor/Minister (title depends upon Eldership eligibility) will work along-side of the Senior Pastor in strategic planning and has day to day responsibility for overseeing staff and operations of HOPE Christian Church.
The Executive Pastor/Minister will bring together facilities, finances, resources and people to deliver excellence in all operational tasks and strategic projects with the aim of fulfilling HOPE Christian Church's mission.
Pastors (except the Lead Pastor) and Directors
- Support the Senior Pastor in the accomplishment of the church’s mission through ministry effectiveness, evaluation, discernment, decision making, planning and overall direction of church staff.
- Lead the ministry staff in the establishment and ongoing direction of ministries that effectively reach the church’s demographic, ensuring the accomplishment of the overall mission.
- Ensure the operational readiness of the church through leadership and oversight of the support staff performing duties in administration, finance, human resources, supply, and facilities management.
- Facilitate the annual strategic planning process including evaluation of ministry performance; review of mission, vision, and core values; development of key objectives and tactics; and establishment of three year goals.
- Facilitate annual financial plans that fund the accomplishment of the strategic plan and meet critical financial objectives such as established cash reserve levels.
- Champion the development of infrastructure by all ministry and support areas that supports healthy, long-term growth of the church.
- Oversees the church’s building programs including capital fund raising campaigns, master planning, design and architecture, contractor selection, and construction.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Elders.
Qualifications/Skills (1 Timothy 1:3-7, Titus 1:6-9)
- He must be above reproach, engaged in a mature walk with Christ, evidenced by a strong and well-articulated testimony, personal spiritual discipline, consistency in public and in private, a commitment to moral purity, healthy relationships with others,
and healthy relationships with spouse and family (if married).
- He must meet the biblical qualifications of an Elder.
- He must have read Hope’s Position Papers and stand in agreement with the theological positions of our Church.
- A shepherd leader who is able to generate, contribute to, and maintain good team chemistry, up and down the reporting structure, in an environment of constant change.
- He shall be a strong manager, team builder, and staff developer.
- A strategic planner and global thinker.
- Possesses strong conflict resolution skills.
- He should have ministry experience.
- People person with strong leadership qualities/skills, able to actively mentor and coach those reporting to him and working around him.
- Loves the Lord and is aligned with Hope’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Has a personality that compliments the Lead Pastor.
- Has organizational skills.
- He has a minimum of five (5) years managerial or executive level leadership experience, of an organization of at least comparable organizational complexity.
- Has excellent communication skills, both oral & written.
- Is able to build teams and is a team player.
Education and Experience
- This position requires experience as a senior leader in a corporate business environment or equivalent leadership experience in ministry. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Ministry, Business, Technology, or other related field to this position is preferred.
- The successful individual must have a proven track record of effective leadership, judgment, and above reproach character.