Oasis Church at Lakewood is a non-denominational church reaching out to a diverse community…culturally, racially, economically, and experientially. We are located in Lakewood, Washington; less than one hour from Seattle. Our mission is to help every person
find their place in God’s story. To learn more about Oasis Church, please visit our website at oasislakewood.com.
The Creative Arts Director/Pastor will oversee the worship and creative arts at Oasis Church. This includes worship, service design, set design, and service tech (AV) team. He/she will be a visionary architect of our weekend gatherings, overseeing and coordinating
all the details and elements that a service encompasses in order to create inspiring environments where every person can encounter God.
- Lead, develop, communicate and execute a vision, ministry plan and budget for the worship/creative arts ministry, contributing strategically to the mission and vision of the church.
- Recruit, equip, mobilize and lead teams in the areas of worship, service design, set design and AV team.
- Serve as a leader, caring for those in the ministry and the church, providing a vision and passion for the larger worship life of the church.
- As the creative catalyst, develop weekend and special service experiences and environments that lead people toward a meaningful worshipful experience.
- Work collaboratively with the staff on content for services.
- Work with the Lead Pastor on the development of weekend service elements (e.g. videos, sermon topic, communion, etc.).
- Work with the set design team to integrate various creative elements and create a cohesive theme and atmosphere for the sermon series and the service environment.
- Serve as the primary worship leader for weekend services and other gatherings/services as required.
- Schedule volunteers, as well as conduct and rehearse weekly with worship teams.
- Oversee all music, audio visual, lighting and stage equipment.
- Maintain the worship database and work collaboratively with the IT team on technical requirements.
- Develop and maintain a Creative Arts budget.
- Other responsibilities include participating in weddings, funerals, baptisms, child dedications, church events / meetings, etc. as required.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, retreats, events, etc.
- A personal and passionate relationship with Jesus Christ.
- An undergraduate degree or diploma. A bible college or seminary degree would be an asset.
- 3-5 years of ministry/worship experience. Experience as a Worship Pastor preferred.
- Musically gifted and trained, with demonstrated experience in passionately leading others in worship, both instrumentally and vocally.
- Ability to lead a contemporary band, including musicians and vocalists with a heart for worship.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to effectively communicate and implement a ministry plan.
- Demonstrates the ability to build, lead and motivate teams. Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop and maintain relationships.
- A self-starter with the ability to think strategically and work collaboratively with multiple teams.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office, internet, database and use of smart phone.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, and video projection. Experience with SongShow is an asset.
- Very good organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task, manage priorities and a ministry budget.
- Able to support and promote the mission, vision and values of Oasis Church.
Salary Range: TBD – based on experience and education
Time Commitment: 20 hours per week