Oasis Church at Lakewood is a non-denominational church reaching out to a diverse community…culturally, racially, economically, and experientially. We are located in Lakewood, Washington; less than one hour from Seattle. Our mission is to help every person
find their place in God’s story. To learn more about Oasis Church, please visit our website at oasislakewood.com.
Salary Range: TBD – based on experience and education
Time Commitment: 40+ hours per week
The Family Life Director will be responsible for families, birth through high school, as well as assimilation. He/she will work with the Senior Pastor and other staff members to set and achieve church goals. He/she will employ best practices in the various
areas of responsibility.
He/she will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in theology and/or education. The ideal candidate will also have 3 - 5 years of experience. He/she should also be familiar with the principles and practices of Orange (The Rethink Group).
- A mature relationship with Jesus
- Regular practice of spiritual disciplines
- Exhibit the fruit of the Spirit
- Strong relationship skills
- A person of integrity who has a good reputation inside and outside of the church
- A life-long learner
- Strong References (Candidate will be subject to a Background Check)
- Proven ability to develop and implement ministry strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with parents and kids
- The ability to recruit, train and encourage volunteers
- The ability to develop teams
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Proven ability to resolve conflict
- The desire and ability to be mentored and to mentor others
- Well-organized and able to follow through on commitments
- Work well in a team environment
Further Desired Skills:
- Ability to use social media effectively
- Community outreach
Duties and Workload Summary:
- This position reports to the Senior Pastor
- Prepare and supply Orange curriculum and manage teachers and volunteers for Sunday morning children and youth ministry.
- Plan and organize children and youth activities throughout the year.
- Plan and facilitate ongoing training for all volunteers
- Take information from Connection Cards and move people from first time guests to regular church participation.
- Help to manage a database of members, attenders, and guests
- Work with the staff on ways to improve all aspects of church ministry
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Participate in a Small Group