First Presbyterian Church of San Antonio is seeking a full-time Director of Youth Ministries. INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO email@example.com.
DIRECTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRIES
SUPERVISES: Youth Ministry Associate staff, summer interns, teams of volunteers.
MINISTRY OVERVIEW: Responsible to ensure a loving, nurturing and safe environment for the youth (grades 6 - 12) of First Presbyterian Church and their families. Responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive program
of spiritual growth for middle school and high school youth. Responsible for implementing the biblical process of call to invite, train, equip, and develop teachers and volunteers working in the ministry.
1. Model an authentic Christian lifestyle for youth and their families.
2. Develop a comprehensive program for youth that invites young people into a relationship with Jesus Christ and continued growth in faithful discipleship. This includes Sunday School, Confirmation, mission/outreach projects, small groups, Bible studies,
trips, retreats, and conferences.
3. Develop, refine, and implement a comprehensive curriculum for youth.
4. Invite into ministry, train, support, and encourage a team of adult leaders to invest in youth ministry. Conduct regular youth leader training events to equip those leaders.
5. Empower and equip the Youth Associates: invest in their training, encourage them to actively build relationships with students at church and wherever they spend time.
6. Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of all youth ministries/programs and vision for future.
7. Provide resources, support and assistance to parents so they can faithfully carry out their role as the primary developers of faith in their young people’s lives. Encourage family participation in youth activities.
8. Work with the administrative assistant to publicize programs of middle and high school ministry, giving content for the webpage, Facebook and other social media.
9. Project and maintain the annual youth ministry budget.
10. Attend all staff meetings, Youth Committee meetings. Attend monthly officers’ dinner when available.
11. Supervise summer interns.
12.Collaborate with other ministry areas in intergenerational programming
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and his Church.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field.
- Experience in youth ministry, either as a volunteer or on staff, with a portion of that in a church setting.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), relational, organizational, and computer skills.
- A love for middle and high school youth and a commitment for their personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Commitment to family based youth ministry and an ability to develop relationships with adults of all ages
- Growing disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Previous supervisory experience in a professional environment.
Full time position - 40 hours per week.