The Senior Video Editor is responsible for filming and editing videos used during weekly services and special events, as well as leading our video department within the Creative Team. The Creative Team video department is responsible for producing all video
content for James River Church. We tell stories through video, produce two weekly television programs, weekly video announcements, create TV commercials, specialty promo videos, event openers, bumpers, LED content, and event coverage. This is a full-time,
hourly, FLSA non-exempt position at our South campus.
Essential Functions & Job Duties
- Work closely with the Creative Team Director and other staff to complete video and media projects using Adobe Production Suite software.
- Make creative decisions regarding the editing of projects based on written scripts or input from the creative director, and ensuring quality control and consistency on final projects.
- Perform editorial functions including rough cuts, graphic/motion design integration, audio sweetening, color correction and final delivery.
- Perform basic troubleshooting and minor engineering of edit suite and media storage system.
- Work in the most proactive, creative and professional manner.
- Have ability to fill a variety of roles as a camera operator, director of photography, lighting & sound lead technician, and lead the team on video shoots.
- Protects the James River Church brand by creating visually cohesive videos consistent with the brand. Words that describe the brand include but are not limited to “life, joy, happy, enthusiasm, encouragement,” etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Candidate must have leadership abilities to lead the video team.
- Candidate must be proactive and a team player.
- Video editing talent and experience (4+ years) with Adobe Premiere, including development, pre-production, production and post-production work.
- Video/graphics animation knowledge. Knowledge of After Effects visual effects and animation techniques is helpful.
- Proficient in DSLR style of shooting with Sony a7Sii.
- Creativity / strong editorial problem solver and self-motivator.
- Capable of managing studio shoots, on-location filming, multi-camera shoots.
- Capable of concept development and storyboarding.
- Well organized and capable of handling multiple assignments.
- Familiar with all types of video production equipment & processes.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, punctuality and understands professional work standards.
- Responds to needs as they arise as directed by leaders.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and mindset in step with the direction of the church and the Creative Team department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Training and Experience
- 4+ years with NLE systems, Adobe preferred.
- 2+ years with Mac OS X.
- Experience with 3rd party After Effects and Premiere Plugins.
- Knowledge in multiple codecs and know the pros and cons of each.
- Experience with field gear and systems.
- Openness to change and a continuous improvement mindset.
- Exceptional ability to collaborate and work in a high-pressure, team oriented environment.
- Initiative and ownership, in particular through change and without constant supervision.
- Candidates MUST have demo reel/samples available online/electronically for review.