Coordination, operation, and technical support, including but not limited to, video equipment and production equipment, in all James River Church venues throughout the week including all weekly services, special events, and offsite events. To recruit, train,
encourage and lead video volunteers in production. Perform research, preparation and practice for best use of production equipment and video directing to create an environment to best match the production style desired. To upgrade, install and manage video
equipment in all venues. This is a full-time, FLSA exempt, salary, leadership position.
Essential Functions & Job Duties
- To work closely with the Technical Director in assuming primary responsibility for the coordination and operation of all video equipment in the live service venues of James River Church, working closely with the other members of the Live Production team
and venue pastors.
- Maintain working knowledge of stage production, set design and following department programs for optimal production effect.
- To play a significant role in the strategic planning of live events both on and off campus, including a defined style for all campus venues.
- Serve as live video director understanding the expectations of the Lead Pastor & Campus Pastors as they relate to multi-campus simulcast and live video production techniques.
- Coordinate and/or lead set-up and teardown for events on and off campus, as scheduled by the Technical Director.
- Coordinate the upgrades, installation, maintenance, organization and repair of all James River Church video equipment.
- Recruit, train and empower volunteers to operate the production equipment in all campus venues. Training programs should include style, team building, spiritual development, technical levels for advancement, and vision casting.
- Understand basic concepts including, but not limited to, electrical safety, video switchers, cabling, circuits, audio, lighting and video equipment.
- Attend rehearsals and meetings, as required. Schedule early meetings with set designers and/or other departments for collaboration and planning of services and events.
- Understand and advocate for the Live Production team, including cross-training within the department and communicating the “why” behind the production team in the local church.
- Assist other staff as needs arise and as assigned by the Technical Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Recruitment of volunteers. Desire and ability to build community within the team, and invest in the lives of the volunteers.
- Ability to train, develop and cast vision to adults, with energy and encouragement.
- Broad knowledge of church production.
- Understanding and translating department goals and information into production concepts
- Ability to make quick, accurate, independent decision under pressure
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures including computer, email, and telephone techniques; electronic filing; and office equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; knowledge of proper English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Exhibits good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, coworkers, and the general public.
- Promptly performs other related duties as assigned and required with excellence.
Training and Experience
- Five (5) years of video and/or production engineer; OR any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Training and/or education in media production, or related field, preferred.
- Experience using ProPresenter setup and operation.
- Advanced experience of Ross Video Switchers, Imagine Communications broadcast video systems or similar complex equipment.
- Working knowledge of large-scale productions, and the implementation process of rigging and programming for live and recorded events.
- Experience in organization and budget management.
- Relevant experience to assist other areas of the Live Production department preferred.