Bay Hills Community Church is looking for a strategically well-rounded, high energy, results-oriented, Pastor to lead our Youth Ministry. This individual should possess good communication, inter-personal, and leadership skills to reach a very diverse
community of students.
Bay Hills is a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural, growing church of between 900 – 1,000 people in weekly attendance located in the East Bay. You will be hard pressed to find another location within the U.S. with a greater spiritual need than our San Francisco/Oakland
Bay Area. The right candidate will embrace and enjoy our fast paced, fun loving, outreach focused, and creative approach to ministry.
Our priority ministries are: Small Groups, Sunday Worship Service, Children’s Ministries, and Youth Ministries. We genuinely believe that if these four ministries are strong, then our church will be strong. Because of the importance we place on our
students and the incredible need in our area for a strong youth ministry that we are pro-actively and prayerfully seeking a gifted and passionate leader who will continue to propel our this ministry to the next level.
- Character - Must be an example and model genuine Christian faith.
- Chemistry - Must relate well with our students and especially our staff.
- Competence - Desire 2 years of experience serving in youth ministry and a Bachelor’s degree.
- Culture - Must be a "fit" in our church culture, community culture, and youth culture.
- Good Leader – Change-Agent, deals with conflict effectively, coaches and develops teams.
- Good Inter-Personal Skills – Not shy, comfortable with groups, enjoys interacting with people.
- Balanced Ministry Strategy - We desire a youth pastor who can reach the unsaved kids but also disciple the already-saved (evangelism
and discipleship). As a church we also are intentional about building a healthy ministry by implementing identified health characteristics and eliminating heath barriers.
- Practical Teaching – As the primary communicator to our students, must have the ability to creatively and passionately present the Word of God in a way that helps them easily apply it to their daily lives.
- Strategic Programming – Summer camps, missions trips, discipleship groups, dodge-ball tournaments, worship nights, 1-1 counseling, ministry to parents…anything that will help our students take their next step closer to Christ.
To apply for this job opening, please submit your resume.
We will review resumes bi-weekly and respond back to you within a week. We will ask potential candidates to complete an application and submit a teaching sample video link to continue in the process.
Upon request we would be happy to email you a complete church and position profile.