Worship & Creative Arts Pastor
the bridge is a multi-ethnic and multi-generational church located in Markham. the bridge exists to create transformational connections with God, Self, the Church, and World. We do this corporately through our Gatherings, our Groups, and our Going. We gather
for a change in perspective, we group for a change in practice, we go for change in our personal life network.
The Worship and Creative Arts Pastor will oversee, pastor and advocate for the worship and arts at the bridge . This includes worship, service design, set design, and service tech (AV) team. He/she will be a visionary architect of our weekend gatherings,
overseeing and coordinating all the details and elements that a service encompasses in order to create inspiring environments where every person can encounter God. The pastor is a leader who is creative in leading people to God and can communicate a direction
in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision. This position is a pastoral one and therefore serves not solely as a musical or worship arts director, but also as a shepherd to the people who serve in this ministry.
Pastoral Leadership & Team Building:
- Lead, develop, communicate and execute a vision, ministry plan and budget for the worship arts ministry, contributing strategically to the mission and vision of the church.
- Recruit, equip, mobilize and lead teams in the areas of worship, service design, set design and AV team.
- Serves as a pastor as well as a musician, shepherding those in the ministry and the church, providing a vision and passion for the larger worship life of the church alongside the executive and pastoral team.
- As the creative catalyst, develop gathering (weekend service) experiences and environments that lead people toward a meaningful worshipful experience with Christ.
- Work closely with the Lead Pastor to develop sermon series and themes.
- Work collaboratively with the communications team on content for gatherings.
- Work with the Lead Pastor and service design team on the development of weekend service elements (e.g. videos, sermon topic, communion, etc.).
- Work with the set design team to integrate various creative elements and create a cohesive theme and atmosphere for the sermon series and the gathering environment.
- Serve as the primary worship leader for weekend services and other gatherings/services as required. (e.g. baptism services)
- Schedule volunteers, as well as conduct and rehearse weekly with worship teams.
- Oversee all music, audio visual, lighting and stage equipment.
- Maintain the worship database and work collaboratively with the IT team on technical requirements.
- Work collaboratively with the facilities team for facility requirements.
- Develop and maintain a worship arts budget.
- Other pastoral responsibilities such as providing pastoral care, and participating in weddings, funerals, baptisms, child dedications, church events / meetings, etc. as required.
- Attend and participate in executive and staff meetings, retreats, events, etc.
- Other related duties as required by the Lead Pastor.
- An undergraduate degree or diploma. A bible college or seminary degree would be an asset.
- A minimum of five years in ministry. Experience as a Worship Pastor preferred.
- Musically gifted and trained with demonstrated experience in passionately leading others in worship both instrumentally and vocally.
- Ability to lead a contemporary band, including musicians and vocalists with a heart of worship.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a church ministry.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to effectively communicate and implement a ministry plan.
- Demonstrates the ability to build, lead and motivate teams. Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop and maintain relationships.
- A self-starter with the ability to think strategically and work collaboratively with multiple teams.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office, internet, database and use of smart phone.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, and video projection. Experience with Planning Centre is an asset.
- Very good organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task, manage priorities and a ministry budget.
- This Pastor will be required to be at all church services on Saturday nights and Sunday mornings.
- Be a member of the church or will to become a member of the church in the near future.
- Able to support and promote the bridge ’s mission, vision and values.
For a detailed job posting, go to www.thebridgemarkham.com/opportunities and for more information on the bridge , go to
www.thebridgemarkham.com. the bridge invites fully qualified candidates to apply for the following position(s), however Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. All applications will be reviewed but only those selected for interviews
will be contacted.