Student Ministries Director | Orlando Campus
Reports to Executive Pastor
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Position Summary: To lead and organize the middle and high school ministries
at Grace church within the context of Family Ministries (Birth through High
School). Connect with un-churched students in Orlando and provide a next step
for them to grow spiritually as well as provide a place for students following Christ
to be equipped and on mission in their spiritual journey. Work in conjunction with
Family Ministries to connect with parents and equip them with the tools and
resources they need to be successful.
- Lead out the vision, mission, and values of Family Ministries and Grace Church.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a strategy of student ministry across Grace’s multi-site campuses.
- Work closely with graceKIDS! Team
- Develop and pour into leaders who will in turn develop and pour into leaders and students.
- Ensure quality, gospel-centered teaching/large group environments (including worship) for middle school and high school students during weekend and mid-week services.
- Ensure all students have access to quality small group experiences where life-change can happen. The goal is for every student to be connected relationally with a spiritual leader.
- Provide events/activities for students to connect, grow, and serve within the context of their student ministry.
- Create environments where every student has a place to connect and grow, regardless of their past and spiritual background.
- Integrate students into the larger church (attending services, participating in service projects and serving in other areas of Family Ministry and the church).
- Screen and interview all leaders working with students.
- Account monthly for student ministry expenditures and revenues.
- Participate in other church-wide/Family Ministry functions, events and meetings.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience leading students; record of leading student ministries with 70+ weekly attendance.
- Ability to develop and lead adult staff and leaders who in turn organize and lead the ministry.
- Candidate must have an authentic, active walk with Christ and exhibit Christ-like character.
- Candidate must personally model the Way of Christ and ensure that all leaders are taking next steps to walk the Way of Christ.
- Highly organized with ability to trouble-shoot, create processes and systems with a strong eye for detail.
- Strong gifts in the area of leading/shepherding with teambuilding and interpersonal skills.