The Compass Church is seeking a Director of Worship Arts. Our church is a contemporary, multi-site United Methodist ministry with three campuses in east central Indiana. These campuses are located in Selma, Yorktown, and Winchester, Indiana.
Combined, the church averages over 600 in worship each week. This full-time position is for the Selma campus (two contemporary services with 350-400 each week). It will also include supervision of the worship ministries (and part-time worship directors)
at the other two locations.
Our church is an evangelical church holding to a historic, orthodox, Biblical view of theology and ministry. Our mission is “making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world” and our vision is “reaching, teaching, and releasing disciplers
and leaders for Jesus Christ.” We believe in bringing people into the faith, discipling them to be obedient followers of Jesus Christ, and sending them out to make a kingdom impact in their community and around the world. As such, we are releasing two staff
members to become full-time missionaries, creating an opening for a full-time Worship Director beginning in May, 2017.
Are you a creative, inspiring, team-building person who loves to worship Jesus? Would you like to join a growing, multi-campus ministry that focuses on developing leaders who develop leaders and making disciples who make disciples? Does
leading worship and overseeing a network of worship leaders across three campuses intrigue you? If so, we would love to have you join our team! This full-time position will be coupled with another area of ministry that matches your gifts and talents with
the church's needs.
- Build a worship community among the worship leaders and team members from the three campuses that make up our church, and discover and develop new talent for our church’s worship needs.
- Oversee the work of the part-time worship directors at the Winchester and Yorktown campuses, providing them with resources, instruction, encouragement, and help as needed.
- Create worship experiences to go with the theme of each service. These worship orders are implemented at all three campuses by that day’s worship leader, team, preacher, and others participating in that campus’s service. Currently the Selma campus has two
Sunday morning services, while Winchester and Yorktown have one each. All services are contemporary with a full praise band leading current praise and worship songs, and also utilizing videos, dramas, visuals, hymns, and other contemporary and traditional
elements to reach a wide spectrum of people as they come to worship God.
- Work with leaders and teams that oversee technology, set designs, and other aspects for creating impactful worship experiences.
- If full-time, this position will be coupled with another area of ministry that matches your gifts and talents with the church's needs.
- Deep faith in Jesus Christ, expressed in personal growth, Biblical community, and social impact.
- A disciple-maker who helps other people grow in their own faith and obedience to Jesus Christ.
- A leader who can develop and supervise other leaders and also be a team player in a multi-staff environment.
- A worshipper who loves leading teams in creative, contemporary worship and other expressions for authentic, life-changing worship experiences.
- Agreement with and adherence to an evangelical, historic, orthodox, Biblical view of theology and ministry.
- Agreement with and adherence to the mission, vision, core principles, core values, and other beliefs and teachings of the Compass Church.
- Previous contemporary worship leading experience is required.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
If interested send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org