Worship and Creative Pastor
To create energetic and engaging environments for a multi-cultural and multi-generation congregation to encounter God in a real and relevant way
Community Church style: Elevation, Hillsong Y&F , Hillsong United, Tye Tribbett, Bethel, Chris Tomlin, Israel Houghton, Kari Jobe and others
The Worship Pastor reports to the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor and is responsible to lead the congregation in worship. The worship pastor is responsible for training and shepherding worship teams and overseeing the worship portion of services, including
musical selection and arrangements.
• Fulfill the duties required of Community Church members as outlined in the staff handbook.
• Fulfill the character qualifications of an elder as taught in the Scriptures.
• Philosophical alignment with church leadership.
• Passionate about casting vision of the Worship Ministry and developing leaders.
• Demonstrated musical skill and theological discernment.
• Proven track record in ministry and biblical discipleship of others at a deacon or elder level.
• Strength in leadership for the church and worship teams.
• Possess pastoral influence, verbal communication skills, and cultural awareness.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee leading worship for weekend services and 1 midweek service per month.
• Oversee all areas of production (Audio, Staging, Lighting)
• Develop worship teams within the church
• Shepherd staff and volunteers serving with worship and production teams.
• Select songs and arrangements for weekend and midweek services.
• Weekly service planning.
• Attend weekly meetings with local leadership team.
• Collaborate with other leaders to carry out the overall vision of corporate worship at the local church.
• Lead worship for special events (Good Friday, Christmas, Easter and Special Guests).
• Recruit, train, organize, and shepherd music and production volunteers.
• Participate in songwriting, arranging, and recording.
Sr. Pastor - For vision of the Worship Ministry, planning and implementation of the worship services.
Executive Pastor – for budgeting and all personnel needs.
It is expected that every staff member –
- Fully back the vision of Senior Pastor.
- Agree with the Statement of Faith (AG)
- Be a tithing member
- Attend leadership meetings and other required meetings
- Be Punctual for all required services, rehearsals and events
- Be prepared for all required services, rehearsals and events
- Posses a servant’s heart with a ministry calling
- Posses an attitude of Excellence and willingness to receive correction
These are the basic duties that you will be performing, but it is important to note that we are building a ministry and various needs may arise. We are servants and here to serve the church and provide whatever support is needed.