We are a church of approximately 600, currently supporting 25 foreign missionary works, 3 Chadian coalitions and 9 North American missionaries, in addition to local community outreach efforts.
We are praying for a person that is passionate about reaching those outside our church with the Gospel – whether it is across the street, or around the globe - as well as helping those new to our church become a part of our community. It is our prayer that
the person God would bring is an outgoing, joyful, “people person”; someone who loves to meet people and serve others in word and deed, to share the love of Christ, and who loves equipping the church to do the same – to help us become disciple-making disciples.
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION
Primary responsibilities include leading the Calvert Grace community in taking the good news of Jesus beyond our doors, locally and globally, as well as assisting in equipping, encouraging and empowering those God brings through our doors to reach others
with God’s Good News. The position involves oversight of a number of member-led ministry areas that generally correspond to outreach and assimilation. In addition, the position will involve preaching approximately 12-14 times per year, as well as assisting
in other, general, pastoral ministry areas.
- Meet the qualifications of an overseer/elder, as set forth in 1 Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Humble, servant’s heart for ministry
- An ability to work well with other ministry team members
- Strong leadership and equipping skills in church outreach – both locally and globally
- An ability to preach and teach God’s Word
- Full of grace and mercy, with a Spirit-led discernment of the needs of people
- Joyful, outgoing, engaging disposition
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Must be/become a member in good standing of Grace Brethren Church of Calvert County
- Must adhere to, and support, the Church’s Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Constitution and policies and positions of the Church as may be adopted by the Church from time to time
- Experience in outreach/assimilation
- Licensure or eligibility for licensure in the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches
- Seminary graduate
- Preaching and teaching experience