Who are we:
Cascades Baptist Church is set in the center of Jackson, Michigan across the street from the Cascades Park. We average just under 300 in our service and have a high involvement in our ministry areas. We are part of a brotherhood of local Evangelical churches
that work collectively to impact the community for Christ. One of our primary emphasis is family environment. Part of that focus is on youth and family ministries.
We are seeking candidates for the full-time position of Student/Family Pastor who understand that youth ministry is not a self-contained ministry but is part of the overarching mission of the church. Ultimately, we are looking for someone who loves young
people and believes that this generation holds great potential for God's Kingdom. We are also seeking an individual who has the skills to facilitate and share in the role of congregational worship with other pastoral staff.
- Oversee, develop, grow, and minister to middle school and high school students and their parents.
- Lead and organize effective youth programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
- Recruit, train, and shepherd volunteer youth staff with diverse gifts and personalities.
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth and their families on an individual basis.
- Update parents on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries (e.g., working closely with Children’s Director to create continuity/unity
in ministry focus).
- Capable of creating and executing a long-term vision for youth ministry.
- Be involved in the community and be visible at Jackson Christian School, area public schools, and local homeschool groups.
- Participate in the evaluation and development of the overall church ministry.
- Stay current with youth ministry practices through church provided continuing education.
- Maintain yearly student ministries budget.
- Maintain a 45-50 hour work week (flexible office hours).
- Report to the Senior Pastor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Exemplify the leadership character qualities listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Galatians 5:22-23.
- Possess a strong Biblical and Theological Background.
- Agree with Cascades Baptist Church’s doctrinal statement and mission statement.
- Exhibit a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
- Possess teaching skills that are engaging across the Middle School and High School spectrum.
- Possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferably in ministry/youth or family ministry.
- 3-5 years’ experience in youth or family ministry preferred.
- Other skills – musical background and abilities to assist in leading congregational worship is preferred.