Worship and Associate Pastor
Sonlight Church is seeking a Worship Pastor to join our leadership team to help us lead people (especially those who are far from God) into a passionate relationship with Jesus. We are looking for someone to be a vital part of our Pastoral Leadership Team
as we continue to see God work through Sonlight. If you have a passion for God, creativity and to have a significant role in developing a new church and seeing thousands of people come to Christ, then Sonlight is the place for you.
We are seeking a dynamic person who enthusiastically inspires others to connect with the heart of God through our worship service. Someone who will help us remain culturally and biblically relevant. Our worship style is very contemporary as we strive to
stay current. Our style is along the lines of Elevation Worship, Jesus Culture, Bethel Worship, and Hillsong United.
In addition to leading worship, we are looking for someone that can excel in a dual role. The second role must be either Youth, Family or Discipleship, depending on the gifts and talents of the person applying.
Worship Pastor expectations:
- To equip, develop and shepherd our musicians and vocalists in order to create a culture of worship throughout our church.
- Requires organizing, scheduling and leading weekly praise team and band practices.
- Requires working knowledge of Planning Center Online.
- To plan, organize and implement an inspiring worship service reflecting the lead pastor’s message theme.
- To write and arrange new songs.
- To recruit, equip and develop people to effectively use their talents and gifts on the creative arts and worship teams. Teams include sound, lighting, video, and media.
- Ability to train and equip people in the use of ProPresenter.
- To be Involved in a one on one mentoring process where you are helping someone take deeper steps of faith.
- To submit an annual budget for the ministry teams under your care and oversight.
- To be an active member of a Life Group.
- To assist the lead pastor as needed in the overall growth of the church.
Anyone interested in applying should send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Resume, including four references
• Photo of you and your immediate family
• Video of you leading two worship songs, one fast and one slow (preferably with a band but not required). Please send a file through dropbox or attach a link to a website (youtube, vimeo, etc.)