Please do NOT respond to churchstaffing.com
Respond to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope Community Church, Shawano, Wisconsin
Job Title: Youth Minister with Outreach Emphasis
Job Status: Full Time
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Do you want to be a significant part of a movement that longs to see transformed lives? Do you get excited about not just knowing about God but experiencing Him every week? Do you want to be a part of a team that is not satisfied with just doing church,
but longs to be the church? Imagine a community of surrendered and transformed people who are completely impassioned with love for God their Father… a community who serves together, plays together, works together, and lives life together because they have
been changed by His Spirit… a community who is so caught up with the living hope of Jesus that they empower the poor, strengthen the weak, and love the lost. Their world will be impacted because God has sent them. They are us. Their story is ours.
Hope Community Church is a Converge Worldwide Church located in Shawano, Wisconsin (www.shawanochurch.org). Shawano is known for the recreation around its beautiful lakes and rivers in Northeast Wisconsin, just 35 miles west of Green Bay.
The Shawano area enjoys a service area of over 20,000 people within a 15-mile-radius of the city. For years people have traveled here from larger cities to enjoy the beauty of God’s creation with wonderful, outdoor recreation opportunities. Hope Community
Church has grown significantly in the last 10 years and now averages around 600 people during our Sunday morning services with around 1200 on major holidays. We are a loving, welcoming church that seeks to become more outreach focused.
We are presently seeking a full-time Youth Minister with a passion for outreach to join our ministry team. We have just completed a brand new 19,000 square foot Family/Youth Center and have a very active kids ministry that would funnel
a bunch of kids into our youth program. To see a video on our atmosphere here at Hope just copy the following link:
The Youth portion of this position (60%) primarily focuses on the responsibilities related to the youth of Hope. This position is responsible for the overall direction and leadership of our youth ministry and is charged with the spiritual care of our youth
group-aged students (6th -12th grade), while also partnering with and assisting parents as they take the lead in raising their children to love and serve Jesus.
The Outreach portion of this position (40%) primarily focuses on helping develop an outreach focus throughout our church family. This includes helping connect our church with local outreach partners, helping teach and train our congregation with how to share
their personal hope of Jesus, and helping develop specific outreach events.
- A Christ-follower, with a vibrant, personal relationship with God.
- Bachelors degree preferred, adequate experience considered.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience at a church over 500. (If you are a new college graduate, a significant internship at a large church will be considered)
- Has demonstrated leadership in an established ministry setting working with middle school students, high school students and their families.
- Endorse and support the beliefs, mission, and vision of Hope Community Church.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong, demonstrated large group communication skill.
- Proven outgoing, interpersonal ability.
- Demonstrated heart for connecting with teens.
- Must truly and wholeheartedly possess a love for youth group-aged students that drives them to see these students come to know and fall more in love with Jesus.
- Has a heart to look for ways to be where students are – meet them in their world. This requires that the person be available to minister at times outside the normal workday – nights and weekends, etc. This is absolutely critical and all candidates should
honestly assess whether they can fulfill this requirement.
- Must be someone who students see as very approachable, relational, and someone they would
desire to go to for questions/concerns/challenges.
- Proven heart for outreach with gifting of sharing their faith.
- Ability to relate with other staff and ministry leaders in a team setting.
The Preferred Candidate would be:
- Possessing a clear and demonstrable love and passion for students.
- Creative and flexible to adapt as needed.
- Comfortable with recruiting and training volunteers who might be older than they are.
- A self-starter who is good at accepting and initiating change.
- Responsible and have a sense of urgency for getting things done.
- Outgoing and desiring a high level of contact with people.
- Able to work on more than one project at a time.
- Demonstrating leadership ability and is willing to continue to develop as a leader.
- Understanding ministry is not a “9 to 5 job” and is willing to dedicate a minimum of two nights per week to ministry related activities. Night demands are balanced with flexibility so as to promote a healthy work/life balance.
- Willing to lovingly challenge leaders, volunteers, or church members as needed when issues arise as well as admitting their own mistakes.
- Proficient with basic software/media skills of Word, PPT, Social media, etc.
Physical demands and work environment:
Employee must be able to move freely throughout the building and participate in active youth recreation.
Note: reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competitive salary package (30-40K) plus health and retirement benefits, generous paid vacation, and expense allowance. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
All ethnicities are encouraged to apply! Please send cover letter, resume, any personality or gifting assessment results, and any media links of upfront teaching/communication to: email@example.com
If you want us to look at your information immediately, please include in the subject line your favorite candy.