The Connections Pastor will have the primary responsibility of leading people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by cultivating environments where meaningful and lasting connections take place.
The Connections Pastor will report directly to the Executive Pastor.
- The Connections Pastor will be responsible for two primary areas of church life at Upward Christian Fellowship including our small groups ministry and our guest services teams.
- In relation to our small groups ministry, known as Connect Groups, this individual will oversee the development and implementation of the Connect Groups Ministry as well the recruitment, training, screening, and support all Connect Group Leaders.
- As it pertains to the ministry of Guest Services, this individual will seek to build teams to ensure that every individual who sets foot on our campus feels welcome. Whether it be a parking lot attendant or an information desk host, each team member will
be well equipped by our Connections Pastor to greet those who come with a smile.
- The Connections Pastor will be an individual who operates as a leader of leaders! In other words, we expect that this individual will know how to multiply himself by identifying the gifts and the skillsets of those around him, seeking to develop and release
others to do the work of ministry.
- Evidence of solid personal/spiritual disciplines.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a church with weekly attendance over 500 is preferred.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a ministry related field, is Required.
- Doctrinal Agreement is must. Please see our website for more - http://ucf.cc/ourbeliefs
- A solid calling to serve as a supporting pastor.
- A clearly articulated passion for small group ministry.
- Ability to self-evaluate, willingly embrace and implement the team’s initiatives and positively respond to constructive feedback.
- Strong communication and creative skills.
- Ability to lead, interact and influence a diverse array of cultural and educational backgrounds.
Your cover letter should include: Why you are interested in this particular position. Why you would feel comfortable relocating to Western North Carolina. Distinctives that what set you apart as a candidate for this position.
ONLY submissions with a resume, references, and cover letters will be considered. If you have any other documentation or links, including teaching samples, that you would like to share please feel free to do so.