Trinity Church – Lead Pastor Profile
Trinity Church is a community of Christ followers located in east central Illinois and west central Indiana. The church is unique in being a contemporary, multi-site body that serves a mostly rural area. We are seeking the man that God has called to serve
as Lead Pastor to our congregation. Founded in 1975 in Watseka, Illinois, we have been blessed to draw people from a large geographic area of influence but challenged to how we can better reach and serve them. We currently have campuses in three local communities
with an average combined attendance of 300-350. Our mission, to Love God, Love Others, and Serve the World is the driving force behind all that we do. Our new Lead Pastor will come alongside us to help make and grow disciples as we seek to tell others about
the finished work of Jesus on the cross.
In addition to biblical qualifications (1 Timothy 3:2-7 & Titus 1:6-9), and a giftedness for preaching the Word in an effective and relevant manner, our desired applicant will possess a demonstrated ability to equip others to use their gifts serving in ministry.
We believe that, not only is the body most effective when all of its parts are serving their purpose, but that each person, serving the body in their giftedness, becomes a healthier member of that body.
He will also possess a demonstrated ability to lead effectively. With a current staff of two associate pastors and two support positions, our ideal candidate will have the experience and capability to lead staff and volunteers. Our desire is for a team-builder
who can motivate those around him to advance the vision and mission of the church.
Most importantly, his character will confirm the work of the Spirit in his life. Humility, integrity, patience, love, kindness, and generosity will be evident in his life and demonstrated as an example to those around him. (Galatians 5:22-23, 1 Peter 5:3)
Realizing that the right gift mix is more important than any one individual requirement, the following outline should help to further clarify our ideal candidate.
- Serve as, and alongside the elders to provide overall spiritual vision and leadership of the church.
- Serve as primary teaching pastor for both live and video venues.
- Assist in developing and equipping leaders within the church body.
- Lead, supervise, and evaluate pastoral and other paid staff.
- Work with the elders, staff, and volunteers to oversee the development and implementation of ministry objectives.
- Continually develop and refine our multi-site direction.
- Oversee the shepherding at Trinity Church.
- Participate in care functions as necessary. i.e., funerals, weddings, counseling and visitation.
- Five years of ministry experience
- Demonstrated ability to teach and preach in a relevant and effective manner, in both a congregational and small group setting.
- Experience in a multi-staff setting supervising others.
- Demonstrated ability to equip others for ministry.
- Multi-site experience (preferred)
- Masters level Seminary degree required.
- Masters of Divinity or higher (preferred)
- Must agree with the Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA) Statement of Faith
- Must be credentialed with the EFCA or entered in the credentialing process with EFCA with the acceptance of the position of Lead Pastor.
For all correspondences and emails related to the Lead Pator position please send them to: email@example.com.
This email address will provide you with a direct link to Trinity Church's Lead Pastor Search Team. Thank You.
For additonal infomation related to Trinity Church we encourage you to look at our chhurch's website.
Trinity Church website: http://www.mytrinity.tv
Trinity Church’s Statements of Faith can be found at: http://www.mytrinity.tv/our-beliefs
Brief History of Trinity Church can be found at: http://www.mytrinity.tv/our-story