Contemporary Worship Leader
FLSA Category: FT Exempt
Function: Program Staff
The Contemporary Worship Leader is a musician who displays the ability and desire to lead worship in a large, multi-site context. The primary functions of this position will include: leading worship, working within a large staff environment, and assisting
in building a contemporary worship department to support a growing congregation.
Reports to: Contemporary Worship Director
Partners with: Worship & Teaching Pastor
- Lead worship for weekend services as scheduled
- Participate in ministry each weekend in a variety of roles (Classic, Contemporary, Children, etc.)
- Lead band rehearsals and sound checks when scheduled
- Participate in monthly co-write sessions & co-write retreats for the creation of congregational songs
- Coordinate and execute liturgies as directed
- Lead worship monthly for staff meetings and other staff related events throughout the year
- Provide worship leadership at other church related services/events as requested
- Assist in creative projects as needed for contemporary worship (videos, photography, research)
- Participate in worship planning and review meetings on a weekly basis
- Assist in the recruiting and development of new worship leaders and band members
- Oversee CCLI and other copyright reporting annually for congregational worship
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled
- Finalize weekly run-sheets
- Coordinate all graphic needs with Worship Producer and Communications Manager
- Identify candidates to serve and support weekend worship
- Encourage and provide feedback to worship team members
- Build rapport with team members to influence spiritual growth and creativity
Leadership & Community Development
- Meets regularly with congregation members for the purposes of building community
- Network with other local and national worship leaders
- Schedule and help lead annual worship team service project
- Coordinate visits to other worship experiences and conferences
- Maintain absolute confidentiality with work-related information.
- Desire to continuously learn and serve others.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Integrity for work habits and results.
- Ability to discern needs and respond appropriately, sensitively and proactively.
- Appreciation for own and other’s giftedness.
- Ongoing desire and effort to grow more Christ-like in character.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Approachable and accessible.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
Skills and Talents
- Intermediate skills in Excel, Word (or Pages), Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint (or Keynote)
- Has significant experience in creative worship leadership as a musician
- Has some level of professional musicianship, preferably as a vocalist
- Has exposure and experience using the following software: Planning Center Online, Ableton Live, Finale/Sibelius, Garage Band, Logic Pro, & Pro Tools
- Demonstrated experience in local church ministry as a worship leader.
- Holds a bachelor’s degree (preferably in worship, communications, or other related field)
- Has previously written worship songs for congregational worship
Please submit cover letter and resume to HR@CC-OB.ORG.
Due to the volume of inquiries and applications, we are not able to respond to every application or resume we receive. We will be in contact with you if we are interested in pursuing your application of employment. Thank you for your understanding.
Please, no phone calls.