Quinton Baptist Church is a growing church with average attendance of 200.
Our people are caring, concerned, and generous. Visitors frequently comment on the friendliness of our church family. We have young and middle-age married couples, several retirees and a large group of young people.
We are looking for an Associate Pastor to work with the Senior Pastor.
REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITON:
- A heart for God and for His people.
- A call from God to the pastoral ministry.
- Growing knowledge of God’s Word.
- Strong prayer life.
- Commitment to family.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Teachable spirit.
- Experience in counseling.
- Agreement with the church’s Statement of Faith and Covenant.
- Preferably have three to five years’ experience in one church.
- Ability to communicate clearly in oral and written form.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree with strong intent to obtain Master’s of Divinity.
- Must be willing to submit to a background check.
- Maintain regular office hours.
- Maintain professional skills through periodic workshops, conferences, etc.
- Prepare and give reports to the church at congregational business meetings.
MAJOR DUTIES (Outreach Focus):
- Share with and divide the full range of pastoral responsibilities with the Senior Pastor as compatible with personal gifts.
- Work with Senior Pastor planning existing outreach ministries.
- Look to start new outreach ministries.
- Work with the laymen and laywomen to encourage them in their ministry.
- Regularly confer with the Senior Pastor.
- Preach in the absence of the Senior Pastor and on other mutually agreeable occasions.
- Accountable to the congregation through the Senior Pastor.
- Evaluated annually by the Pastor and Board of Deacons.
Applications and information regarding Quinton Baptist Church are available from
Mrs. Dorothy B. Haefner, Search Committee: (856) 935-0053; firstname.lastname@example.org.