The Marysville, OH First United Methodist Church is seeking a part-time Contemporary Worship Leader. This position will report to the Senior Pastor. The primary duty of this individual will be to personally lead our church in contemporary praise and worship
at one service on Sunday morning. In order to fulfill this task, the successful candidate must:
- Be growing spiritually in their relationship with Jesus Christ with a Servant’s Heart for developing community;
- Verbally and musically demonstrate their passion for Christ in order to lift up His name by engaging the congregation in worship;
- Possess a love and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched;
- Exemplify the church’s values and uphold the church’s policies
- Work in covenantal relationship and communicate effectively with the Praise Band members, the Audio/Video Team, the Contemporary Worship Planning Team and the Worship Arts Council;
- Plan the weekly service in conjunction with the Director of Worship Arts and pastors; selecting music, communicating needed bulletin information, and participating in weekly, scheduled practices with the Praise Band
Beyond preparing for and leading one Sunday morning service, the Contemporary Worship Leader will:
- Recruit new members and foster team building with existing members of the Praise Band.
- Lead worship for Sunday night youth (Quake) meetings (6:00 pm) in coordination with the Youth Coordinator. Recruit, rehearse, and equip youth singers and instrumentalists for these services.
- Identify and assign a substitute Contemporary Worship Leader in the event of an absence (two paid vacation Sundays and two paid sick leave Sundays per year as outlined in the staff handbook)
- Lead similar services for a limited number of celebrated holidays, special events, and retreats.
This position is anticipated to require 20-hours of work per week. The salary is negotiable based on training and experience. Each applicant should submit a resume and a video (or link thereto). This advertising period will remain open until March 31,
2017. The review of interested candidates will commence in mid-April. Resumes with accompanying video should be sent to: