The Spiritual Formation Pastor at Grace Community Church will help people step into authentic community and discover meaningful spiritual friendships that help them become growing followers of Jesus. This pastoral role will also help guide the pastoral care
efforts of our church. This is a full time role and the position will directly report to the Executive Pastor.
- Be the visionary leader for our adult small group ministry.
- Recruit, coach, and encourage small group leaders and future possible leaders.
- Lead the connection process helping people join groups at least 2 times a year and help new attendees connect when there is room in current active groups.
- Manage and equip ministry teams to create mid-size events for women and men.
- Lead the pastoral care efforts of the church and equip both the staff and small group leaders to be effective in caring for our spiritual family.
- Create a path for systematic and relational discipleship that helps our church multiply it’s ministry impact in our community.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required MDiv or Graduate degree preferred but not required.
- 5+ years of leadership experience in a church running over 500 in attendance.
- Passion and gifting for connecting with people and helping them take their next step.
- Deep commitment for the local church and relational disciple making Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Emotionally intelligent leader with ability to read people and respond accordingly.
- Technologically savvy with willingness to lead through digital communications.
- Self-starting with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills and well organized with all functions of church ministry.
- Proficient with Google Apps and common church database systems; Church Community Builder or Fellowship One.