Ministry Summary: Inviting people to new life in Christ.
Overall Ministry Objective: Implements CVC's mission of "inviting people to new life in Christ" within the Young Adult ministry environment (ages 18-29).
- Possesses a heart and vision to see God’s restoration power at work in individual lives in Northeast Ohio (NEO) and beyond.
- Oversees CVC’s discipleship strategy implementation of Worship—Groups—Serve in the young adult ministry environment.
- Takes initiative in leadership, vision, and strategy for CVC’s young adult ministry.
- Engages young adults in regular Worship—Groups—Serve environments.
- Strengthen a young adult culture and identity by bringing a new, regular rhythm of a weekly gathering for young adults, ages 18-29.
- Provides LifeGroup environments for young adults in collaboration with the Pastor of Community Life and Leadership.
- Leads and casts vision for missional initiatives for the Young Adult ministry (in collaboration with CVC Missions).
- Leads evangelism strategies and efforts for reaching young adults in Brecksville/Broadview Heights and Northeast Ohio, including young adult hubs throughout greater Cleveland (schools, training centers, social gatherings).
- Operates as the primary teacher for young adult environments, teaches six (6) times per year within CVC’s Youth Ministry, and two (2) times per year in CVC’s worship services.
- Provides discipleship events, social connects with an outreach focus, and other opportunities that foster community for young adults.
- Equips leaders to serve in the Young Adult ministry and the greater CVC body.
- Helps link generations by building strong transitional bridges between the High School ministry, Young Adult ministry, and the general adult congregation of CVC.
- Oversees paid staff and volunteer leaders within the Young Adult ministry.
- Manages the administration needs and annual budget of the Young Adult ministry.
Additional Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Regularly engages with the Pastor of Community Life and Leadership regarding personal growth and an accountability plan.
- Participates and engages in overall CVC body life (Worship—Groups—Serve environments).
- Personally engages in evangelism, discipleship, and leadership strategies and environments.
- Actively participates as a member of the CVC creative team and attends weekly creative team meetings.
- Approaches ministry strategy with the young adult demographic in mind.
- Participates in additional Pastoral and staff opportunities and commitments.
- Provides counsel to those needing Biblical direction, advice, and crisis assistance.
- Engages in general Pastoral responsibilities as needed (officiates baptisms, weddings, funerals, and other ministerial services and congregational care needs).
- Participates and is available for pastoral leadership and representation during weekend services (prayer, follow up, teaching classes, hospitality needs, etc.).
- Occasionally networks with city-wide opportunities involving other young adult ministries.
- Keeps regular office hours as well as time in the field, building relationships and cultivating ministry connections and opportunities.
- Acts as a team player who participates in overall CVC staff team responsibilities and commitments.
Suggested Gifts, Skills, Qualifications and/or Experience:
- Has an active and passionate personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- A person who pursues godly character and qualities, with a track record of trustworthiness and integrity.
- One whose life evidences a servant attitude and a teachable spirit.
- A relational person who can lead a team by example and use their God-given abilities to further God’s kingdom.
- A person who is a proven leader, and has at least three (3) years of experience in leading and managing a major ministry area in a larger church (preferably student ministry and/or young adult ministry).
- A person who has a passion to see people become followers of Jesus Christ and to grow as His disciples.
- A person who is a creative and competent teacher of God’s Word, with an ability to help others understand and apply Scripture to their lives.
- A person who is informed about and understands the unique needs and culture of young adults and the emerging generations.
- A person who has learned to be stable under pressure, and who is willing to take counsel and direction from those with greater wisdom and/or authority.
- A person who practices diplomacy and tact when dealing with a diversity of people.
- A person who can keep confidences and be sensitive to the needs of others.
- A person who is able to communicate professionally and appropriately in person, on the phone, and with other modern technology mediums and platforms.
- A person who has competency with the English language, grammar, and punctuation.
- A person with sufficient and current computer and software skills, able to use and/or learn to use office equipment, familiar with using social networking platforms and who is willing to learn new skills as needed to stay efficient in communication and
relevant to young adults.
- Reports to the Pastor of Community Life and Leadership.
- High School Diploma.
- B.A. or equivalent in ministry experience (additional education may be substituted for years of work experience).
- A Master’s degree in Bible, Ministry, or Theology would be favorable.
Estimated Time Commitment: This is a full-time position, 45 hours per week.
Contact: Inquires and electronic resumes may be sent to Brian Howell, Executive Pastor of Ministries, at: email@example.com. .
CUYAHOGAVALLEYCHURCH | Inviting People to New Life in Christ
5055 East Wallings Rd.|Broadview Heights, Ohio 44147