Arundel Christian Church, Glen Burnie, MD
The Youth Pastor is responsible for ministry efforts with 6th-12th students - a strategic partnership with families that recognizes their key role in discipleship. This includes developing and managing volunteer leaders, teaching, planning, and programming
geared towards the goal of transforming young lives into young adults that are close to Christ.
The Youth Pastor will use their unique gifts and audience to help fulfill the mission of Arundel Christian Church – Love God, Love People, and Serve our Community.
The Youth Pastor will be expected to excel in the following areas:
- Lead and coordinate various youth activities for grades 6 through 12. These include Sunday morning small groups, Wednesday evening programs, mission trips, camps, retreats, service opportunities, and other special events.
- Build relationships with students, parents, and volunteers by personally getting to know them and helping them to grow closer to God.
- Be able to teach students in an engaging and compelling way in order to encourage them to follow Christ.
- Teach, encourage, and promote the active involvement of parents as a key part of a discipleship strategy, whenever possible. When not, be willing and able to personally, or through team involvement, seek to disciple students towards Godliness.
- Build relationships and community within the youth ministry through creative programming. Must be able to promote and have fun!
- Build a close relationship with the adult leaders that assist in the youth group ministry. Recruit, encourage, equip, and train them, all while working alongside them to reach ministry goals.
- Build relationships with community contacts (other youth leaders, service partnerships, schools, etc.)
- Design promotional materials for programming as necessary.
- Pray for and with students, parents, and leaders.
- Maintain a high-quality ministry environment that is safe and secure.
- Occasionally, teach from the pulpit in our large Worship Service.
- Oversee and manage the youth ministry budget.
- Other responsibilities as needed (see “Strategic Flexibility” below).
Here are some things that we think would be necessary to ensure a candidate’s success in this role:
- Be a person of mature Christian character whose life reflects the characteristics of 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Subscribe to the Statement of Faith (available online), Goals, and Policies of Arundel Christian Church.
- Have experience as a staff member in a ministry leadership capacity (preferred, but not required).
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Youth Ministries, Religion, Biblical Studies or related field (extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted for this requirement).
- Understand technology and social media relating to youth ministry.
- Possess a personable and teachable spirit by being willing to learn and grow.
- Be able to organize the day-to-day operations of ministry programs.
- Be a strong leader with a solid work ethic and possess the passion and gifts required to develop and improve our youth ministry, with an emphasis in these areas:
- A passion for reaching into secular groups and organizations for making a difference, especially among disenfranchised students.
- A proven understanding of how to develop people to become mature disciples of Jesus.
- Ability to deliver God’s Word creatively through teaching.
- Ability to develop team members by creating opportunities for a Biblical community through spiritual formation, shepherding, and leadership.
- A strategic, entrepreneurial, and visionary way of thinking.
- A self-starter mindset with attention to detail and a passion for excellence.
- Ability to KNOW HOW TO HAVE FUN, and not take oneself too seriously.
Position Structure and Level:
Salary: Compensation is commensurate with experience. Strong benefits package.
Reporting: This position reports to the Executive Pastor.
About Arundel Christian Church:
ACC is a non-denominational church in Glen Burnie, MD made up of imperfect people, who make up a community of faith. We're not big on "religion," but we do think that a relationship with Jesus Christ is the most amazing thing that any human being can experience.
We are a church that reaches across all racial, generational, and socioeconomic lines to love people in practical ways so that others can see what God intended for them. We believe there is a better way to do life, and our relationship with Jesus is the
key to understanding the difference.
Our weekly average church-wide attendance is between 650-750, and we are growing from week-to-week. Our youth ministry, called ReMIX, is growing at a faster pace than other ministries in the church (with approx. 80 participating students between our two
weekly events) and is in a very healthy place with an amazing core team of leaders and a proven teaching system and programming calendar.
Among the church’s paid staff, we have adopted the following core values that we expect all team members to live up to:
- Contagious Fun: Our potential is greatest when there's joy in being together. Balancing work and play, we create environments where others love to join us.
- Relentless Follow-Through: We prioritize people because we care about them. Therefore, we do our best to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Impactful Excellence: With our given resources, we intentionally lean into our strengths to do the best we can to glorify God and build up people.
- Stewardship of Life: Since we can't give what we don't have, we will invest in a healthy body, mind, and soul for ourselves and our families.
- Personal Ownership: Working towards team and self-improvement, we will own our mistakes, accept critique, and thrive in our unique strengths.
- Strategic Flexibility: Because church can be messy, we commit to collaborate as we're led by the Holy Spirit and to improvise when necessary.
If you feel like we just described you and you meet the requirements listed in the job description above, we’d like to get to know you!
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT SIMPLY EMAIL YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER… we’re looking for something a bit more unique!
Please complete these first two steps to help us out:
- Create a 2-3 minute video (or somewhere around there) where you introduce yourself. Be as creative as you’d like. Don’t worry about video quality; your cell phone camera will work. What do you want us to know about you?
- Send this video, along with a resume, to our Executive Pastor, Mack Ferrer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions without the introduction video will not be considered. Once these have been submitted, we will reach out to you ONLY if we would like to follow-up for additional information.