Are you someone who loves God and music ministry? Are you passionate about leading people into God's presence through participation and singing together? Do the desires of your heart match the vision of this church-to Love God, Share Christ and Serve
the World? Can you envision using music ministry to further this vision? Do you desire to lead worship and train others to do the same? Do you have a strong music background? If so we would like to hear from you. Elizabethtown BIC Church seeks such a person
to serve as full-time Worship Pastor.
About Music Ministry @ EBIC
Sunday services regularly include songs that range from Watts to Elevation Worship. From Wesley to Townend. We sing songs written by Fanny Crosby, Chris Tomlin, Hillsong and many others. Through the year services include a wide variety of instrumentation
drawing from a uniquely strong pool of musical talent for a church of this size. Some Sundays are led by worship teams and others by an adult choir. The music ministry also includes children's choirs with volunteer leaders. Music ministry is deeply woven into
the fabric of this faith community, and we look forward to identifying the next Worship Pastor.
The Successful Candidate Will Be:
- Able to work well with others
In Addition, The Successful Candidate Will:
- Have a vibrant faith in Jesus Christ and believe Jesus is the only way of salvation
- Have a strong music and worship backgrounda desire to use music ministry to support the overall mission of the church
- Be able to lead instrumentally and vocally
- Work well with and provide solid leadership for both worship teams and choirs
- Work with different music styles and effectively blend together a variety of styles and instrumentation
- Have a passion to invite people into God's presence through congregational singing in joyful and meaningful ways
- Be able to work well with people from different ages and backgrounds
- Be organized & communicate well in an active, multi-faceted music program
- Affirm the BIC (Brethren in Christ) core values and appreciate its theological heritage: www.bic-church.org/about/values
About the Church
Elizabethtown BIC is a multi-staff congregation with active discipleship and outreach ministries for all age groups. There are five full-time ministry staff persons, along with additional part-time ministry staff and support staff. The average attendance
of ~500 is divided between two identical services, with fellowship and discipleship opportunities between services. The church is in the final stages of an expansion effort that includes a new sanctuary, office complex along with new classroom space. The church
deeply values discipleship and spiritual growth. It is also passionate about sharing the gospel and trying to impact the community and the world with the love of Christ. Elizabethtown BIC is affiliated with the Brethren in Christ denomination: www.bic-church.org.
Elizabethtown is a growing community and is the home of Elizabethtown College and M&M Mars. It is a town of about 12,000 residents close to Hershey, Harrisburg and Lancaster, Pennsylvania. It is less than two hours west of Philadelphia and 2.5 hours north
of Washington, D.C. Found at the northwest edge of Lancaster County, Elizabethtown offers a unique blend of small-town living, with large cities within driving distance, along with an occasional Amish Buggy within sight.
About the Position
This full-time position offers a competitive salary (commensurate with experience) along with health insurance coverage and retirement contribution. Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and note Worship Pastor
Search in the subject line. All applicants will receive an acknowledgement of their application, and select candidates will be asked to provide further information. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.