This is more than just a worship leader position. What are your passions?
How has God called you to lead others to Christ? Your gifts will be used here!
* Ability to play Guitar or Keyboard and lead worship.
* Experience in leading and planning various types of worship.
* Experience rehearsing and leading volunteers.
* Experience with Planning Center Online, Power Point, and/or other worship software.
* Knowledge in Sound, Lighting and video a plus.
* Starting: Spring of 2017
* Averaging 24-30 Hours per week.
* Reports to Staff Administrator with support from Associate Pastors.
* Temporary housing may be available upon request.
* Work with Pastors and Worship team to plan and lead worship:
8:00 & 9:30 – Traditional: organ led with formal liturgy and praise.
11:00 – Family Praise and Worship: team led with informal liturgy.
* Work with the Choir Directors to supply special music as needed.
* As able participate in the life of Messiah Lutheran Church.
* Work effectively with MLC ministerial and support staff.
* Ask questions, seek leadership, take risks, and learn.
* Other duties and ministry participation as assigned or desired.
* A strong Christian, committed to Christ and the church as the Body of Christ.
* An individual who senses a call to ministry and desires a place to follow and process that calling.
* A lifestyle that reflects an authentic commitment to Christ and one that can be modeled for children, youth and adults.
* Confidence in public speaking and worship leadership.
* Ability to work and serve well with others.
* Ability to manage time, complete assignments, and initiate new ideas and tasks.
* Open to creativity and diversity in Christian life, witness, ministry, and understanding of faith.
Possible other opportunities in Ministry (depends on gifting and calling of applicant)
* Champion Inviting Ministry (Working with people new to Christ)
- Invite others into a relationship with Jesus Christ through His people.
- Remain connected to community and encourage staff to do the same
* Champion Retaining Ministry (Working with people new to Community)
- Ensures Sunday mornings connect guests with God and His people.
- Develop opportunities for new people to become part of small groups
* Champion Apprentice Ministry (Working with people new to Discipleship)
- Reshape MLC Small group and team leadership development.
- Coordinating equipping ministry among youth and adults.
Messiah Lutheran Church Mission
We are a Teaching Church: Providing a training ground and classes for members of the community to use their gifts at Messiah or other congregations to make Christ known.
THIS IS NOT YOUR GRANDMA'S LUTHERAN CHURCH!
We have a stable and growing church. Our Senior Pastor has been with us for 30 years, Associate Pastor 7 years and our Youth Pastor over 10 years. We are excited about the growth of our church, our children’s, and Student Ministries.
Messiah is a medium sized church (approximately 400 worshipers spread among three services on any given Sunday). We have several worship formats from a Formal Vespers Liturgy to our Contemporary Family Praise and Worship service. Many styles of worship but
the one true Gospel is presented at each. We are also a part of the Willow Creek network and LCMC (Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ).
We do not belong to a synod.
We are in Joliet, Illinois, a community of approximately 129,000, situated 45 miles southwest of Chicago. Joliet (Will County) was one of the fastest growing counties in the United States in the last decade. It is a city offering a variety of great attractions,
fun festivals, sports and entertainment venues. Our church is on the growing edge of that community at the intersection of I-80 and I-55.
Joliet is also host to both the Route 66 Drag Strip and the NASCAR Chicagoland Speedway, as well as Bicentennial Park, Rialto Square Theater and the Joliet Area Historical Museum. The area is also the home of University of St. Francis, Lewis University,
Joliet Junior College and is convenient to all that the Chicago metro area has to offer.
Our staff consists of three pastors, an office manager, bookkeeper, choir directors, organist, and various interns.
Please submit your resume along with a link (youtube, for example) or a DVD of your music.