Connect people to God – Connect People to People – Connect People to Mission
The most people in the kingdom of heaven in the shortest time
Pray for One - A unified prayer that unleashes an exponential movement of God’s love. Praying God’s expressed will into your life will bring transformation to you and to every One that encounters God through you. This simple prayer can position individuals,
families, and churches to impact eternity by effectively sharing God’s love One person at a time. At Manchester Christian Church we have committed to praying this prayer together. Thousands of voices in unison praying, “God, give me one person to share your
love with today.”
Who We Are
We are compelled, more than anything else, to reach the most people in the kingdom of heaven in the shortest time.
We are unapologetic about our desire for growth--we plan for it, anticipate it and go after it.
We take on big challenges that require big faith because it produces big results.
We work hard, laugh as much as possible and get results.
We expect everyone to develop him or herself and develop others for leadership.
We work in teams, even when messy, because it gets the best results.
We value the tension between humility and confidence.
Where We Are
Manchester Christian Church is a non-denominational, multi-site church currently located in Bedford & Manchester in the southern region of New Hampshire. In the past six years, we have tripled from a church of 1,200 to a church with 3600 children, students
and adults in weekend services.
- Connecting people to God – Through Pray for One classes & groups
- Connecting people to People – Through Groups
- Connecting people to Mission – Through Volunteerism
- Accountable to the Executive Pastor, who will supervise, encourage and evaluate the Connections Pastor/Director
- Must be loyal to the MCC staff
- Have a deep commitment to being a team player and team builder
- Practice Matthew 18 and show 100% support in all decisions made as a team
- Be a Biblically based and spirit filled person of God, falling in line with the vision and beliefs of Manchester Christian Church
- Have an adequate Biblical education, preferable at the college and/or graduate level, ministry experience that is appropriate to these responsibilities, and a continuous desire to be learning in order to become a more effective leader
- Be a stable, mature and growing Christian with an exemplary personal, marital and family life (if applicable)
- Have a sound knowledge of Scripture and an ability to lead effectively and apply scripture principles in all areas of ministry.
- Must be of moral and spiritual integrity in all areas of your life.
- Sees tithing as a responsibility and a joy, and willing to give back to what God has so richly blessed him with.
- Proactively invite newcomers and visitors to take the first step in connecting with the MCC family.
- Create assimilation pathways to ensure that MCC is inviting growth through groups
- Maintain/provide connection paths for everyone at MCC
- Be a team builder, creative and action oriented with a passion for connecting people throughout the church
- Attend staff and directors meetings weekly
- Attend NEXT at both campuses
- Plan / Coordinate Pray for One Groups
- Utilize the current group structure while developing new group connection ideas; ie: home groups from those attending NEXT.
- Work together with the Campus Pastors to ensure new members are continuing to integrate at MCC, from meeting at guest central to baptism or NEXT attendance
- Continually be in close contact with an Executive Pastor to communicate leadership initiatives and provide updates on projects/teams
- Work alongside all staff members to identify volunteer/leadership needs
- Personally be involved with the discipleship and serve on the LDT
- Practice a daily quiet time with the Lord
- Commit to the daily habit of prayer and worship
- Be a humble servant of the Lord Jesus Christ, knowing that none of the above is possible without Him being at the center
- Contagious personal faith; heart for unchurched people
- Warm-hearted, gregarious and gifted at networking
- Track record creating an inviting hospitable culture
- Demonstrated ability to equip/train/engage/ people in ministry
- Extroverted personality – bringing energy to staff/working relationships
- Self-directed, growing follower of Jesus Christ
- Exceptional communicator
- Strategic gifts: ability to lead projects/teams