Location: Butler, PA (35 miles north of Pittsburgh, PA)
Size: 1,100+ in attendance in 2 Sunday morning services
Community Alliance is a Christin and Missionary Alliance church that is over 100 years old. People of all ages attend CAC and families with young children and teens are particularly drawn to our church. Sunday morning worship is contemporary and lively.
We are a staff led church looking for an individual who can be part of our team and help us accomplish our vision that we are “People being transformed by faith in Christ, growing in wisdom and intentional in relationships and service”.
POSITION: Waumba Land Director - (Lead our ministry to children 5 years old and under)
This position reports to our Children's Pastor
This position requires a person who is proficient in overseeing and managing several ministries, events and tasks simultaneously, who
loves and values people and relationships in the midst of leading volunteers and finding solutions to problems, issues and ministry challenges and who understands and is creative in using social media to increase ministry impact.
- Christ-centered & spiritually mature: Passionately make Jesus Christ the number one influence in all you do; are committed to living by and through His strength; are a daily student of the
Bible; are a person of prayer; lives to please Christ in attitude and actions. Leads regarding the spiritual disciplines. First and foremost points to Christ in all things.
- Servant leader: Embodies Mark 10:45, “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve and to give his life as a ransom for many."
- Leads by example: Leads by example in every aspect of your professional and personal life.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned and some responsibilities may change as we continue to grow.
- Oversee Waumba Land (Birth to 5 year olds) and other areas as given by the Children’s Pastor.
- Work with the Children’s Ministry Staff to coordinate Waumba Land needs.
- Work alongside Children’s Ministry Staff in the overall maintenance, planning and function of the department i.e. staff meetings, special event planning, etc.
- Prepare goals and establish the vision for Waumba Land in conjunction with the vision of CM.
- Oversee classes and volunteers for children in Nursery - 5 year olds.
- Teach a class when needed.
- Prepare and distribute First Look curriculum to staff and volunteers.
- Handle discipline problems and parental issues.
- Complete any task necessary for the efficiency of Waumba Land.
- Oversee publicity to the congregation and community (Bulletin, Facebook, Web site) concerning the Nursery and Waumba Land ministries and to keep the congregation informed of any opportunities for serving the Lord within those ministries.
- Oversee planning for Operation Christmas Child Sunday and Missions Sunday.
- Conduct training for Waumba Land staff yearly or as needed.
- Recruit small group leaders and staff for all Waumba Land and other areas of CM as needed.
- Encourage, equip, and empower teachers to do ministry.
- Oversee volunteer background checks.
- Handle volunteer substitutions and cancellations.
- Prepare and maintain the annual Waumba Land budget.
- Review facilities and needs.
- Oversee Waumba Land purchases.
- Work together with the Children’s Pastor to make decisions as to how budget will be spent.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others and keeps emotions under control.
- Communication Skills - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals
and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust from others; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to staff and volunteers.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, crisis, or unexpected events.
- Stay abreast of current trends and resources available to Children’s ministry.
- Attend Drive and/or Orange conferences when deemed necessary.
- Attend education conferences and conferences for Alliance workers as deemed necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Advanced education or experience in training or education of children or in children’s ministry.
- Should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Word Processing software. Must be comfortable using a computer and able to do research using the internet.
- Must agree with and adhere to Christian and Missionary Alliance theology