Worship Arts Pastor
Arundel Christian Church, Glen Burnie, MD
The Worship Arts Pastor is responsible for creative use of the arts in support of weekly worship services and other church ministry events. This includes planning, design, and production of weekly adult worship services, oversight and support of other ministry
areas in the use of the arts, and continuous improvement of arts capabilities in the church.
The Worship Arts Pastor will work to create artistic environments that fulfill the mission of Arundel Christian Church – Love God, Love People, and Serve our Community by leading people to live out our five strategies:
- Worship – Loving God
- Connect – Creating Spiritual Family
- Grow – Chasing Spiritual Maturity
- Serve – Bearing Each Other’s Burdens
- Give – As You Have Been Blessed
Lead a team of paid staff and volunteers in the development of infrastructure to support use of the arts in other areas of the church. Function as a specialist in the areas of music and creative arts, supporting other areas of ministry in the church.
- Plan, design, and produce weekly adult worship services.
- Function as primary worship leader for weekly adult worship services. This can be in vocals or instrumental.
- Recruit, train, equip, and direct musicians, vocalists, and technical/creative artists in the production of weekly worship services and periodic special ?events.
- Create support teams.
- Provide oversight or support in development of ensembles in non-adult ministries (i.e. Teens, Young Adults, etc.)
- Provide arts support as needed in the production of special events, stage design and other church events.
- Provide oversight or support of other worship media, such as drama, dance, etc.
- Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of adult worship facilities.
- Function as a member of the pastoral staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc. as part of a rotation schedule.
- Assist in the development of the annual budget for The Arts Ministries and management of budgetary spending.
- There are administrative responsibilities with this position
- Occasional speaking under direction of the Lead Pastor.
- Limited graphic design and video experience required
This position requires a minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience as a staff member in a ministry leadership capacity. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Church Music, Biblical Studies or related field is required. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases,
can be substituted.) The successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, possess the passion and gifts required to develop and improve creative use of the arts, and can administrate as a department head.
There must be an emphasis in the following key areas:
- Passion to reach into secular groups and organizations to make a difference
- Proven understanding of how to develop people to become mature disciples of Jesus Christ
- Ability to deliver God’s Word creatively through Worship
- Development of Ministry Team Members by creating opportunities for Biblical community through spiritual formation, shepherding, and leadership.
- Strategic and visionary thinking
ACC Staff Culture Values
- Contagious Fun: Our potential is greatest when there's joy in being together. Balancing work and play, we create environments where others love to join us.
- Relentless Follow-Through: We prioritize people because we care about them. Therefore, we do our best to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Impactful Excellence: With our given resources, we intentionally lean into our strengths to do the best we can to glorify God and build up people.
- Stewardship of Life: Since we can't give what we don't have, we will invest in a healthy body, mind, and soul for ourselves and our families.
- Personal Ownership: Working towards team and self-improvement, we will own our mistakes, accept critique, and thrive in our unique strengths.
- Strategic Flexibility: Because church can be messy, we commit to collaborate as we're led by the Holy Spirit and to improvise when necessary.
If you feel like we just described you and you meet the requirements listed in the job description above, please email your cover letter in video format, resume along with personal references, and links to any of your worship sets and sermons (if you have
any) to Mack Ferrer at email@example.com
Position Structure and Level
Salary: Compensation is commensurate with experience. Strong benefits package.
Reporting: This position reports to the Executive Pastor
Organization: This position is part of ACC’s Senior Staff