This position requires an engaging, vibrant, inclusive person to draw and maintain young adults, 18–34 years old, into the life of the church by providing strong faith-based anchors and support needed to fight the forces that pull them away. A love of Bible
study, worship, music, small groups, outreach/mission, international relations, and fellowship events is a must. Along with other servant leaders, the person must take ministry “to the young adults” in their natural settings, including connecting on college
campuses. The position is part of the upper management staffing of the church, with the person being a vital contributor to staff meetings and attending related continuing education. The person will also have oversight of the welcoming and small group ministries
of the church and will report directly to the Senior Pastor under the oversight of the Human Relations Sub-team of the Leadership Board.
- Promote the mission and the 500-in-5 vision of the church through the young adult ministry.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate goals related to young adult ministry (every 6 months), including managing a ministry budget.
- Birth and grow a young adult ministry through recruiting, training, creative programming, and supervising servant leaders.
- Provide spiritual and skill development for all small group ministries of the church, including the young adult groups and Bible studies.
- Coordinate all young adult special events (i.e., mission/outreach, fellowship, international relations, and worship services/preaching).
- Oversee the welcoming ministries of the church, especially as they relate to Sunday morning worship (i.e., greeters, ushers, information desk).
- Attract and involve as many talented, gifted persons as possible for all the young adult ministry areas.
- An infectious, living faith where young adults are fulfilling the church’s mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ for the purpose of transforming the world.
- A calling to lead a young adult ministry with a healthy lifestyle modeled in strong prayer, worship, tithing, serving, and witnessing.
- Relational skills with leadership, recruiting, training, and counseling ability.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related ministry field (seminary experience welcomed).