PAY STATUS: Part Time, Hourly
APPROXIMATE SCHEDULE: Sunday – Saturday, up to 28 hours per week, flexible schedule
Required 2 Saturdays/month
- Arrive 30 min. prior to ministry start and remain until all children and volunteers depart
- Volunteer ministry time in addition to paid ministry
- Attend Personnel meetings and DI Team meetings
DEPARTMENT: Discovery Island Kids’ Ministry
REPORTS TO: Discovery Island Director
RELATES CLOSELY WITH: Volunteers and
Discovery Island and Brighton Staff
OVERSEES: All Brighton Discovery Island ministry and volunteer teams
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To represent Discovery Island programs at the Brighton Campus; implementation of events for children and families; provide leadership, vision, direction, and support to the staff and volunteer team. Provide spiritual, creative,
innovative and growing environments for children and volunteers. Excel in communication, both written and verbal.
- Collaborate with DI staff and volunteer leadership to develop creative programs
- Teach and produce DI programs using current technology and forms of media including Lead Small App
- Maintain open communication with Discovery Island Kids’ Ministry team and volunteers
- Communication/respond within 24 hours
- Lessons distributed by Wednesday
- Any follow up by Saturday
- Enlist and develop DI Leaders
- Lead Brighton volunteer teams
- Oversee equipping and training for volunteers while maintaining an updated list
- Coordinate Discovery Island curriculum use and programs to maintain consistency and continuity, in direct alignment with Plymouth campus.
- Build relationships with staff and volunteers
- Lead and/or support Brighton Discovery Island outreach programs/family events.
- Schedule & oversee all aspects of DI First Steps classes
- Support Special Needs Ministry in Brighton
- Recommend ministry needs to DI Director
- Additional responsibilities assigned by Discovery Island Director
- Submit absence request 2 weeks in advance to DI Director
- Maintain a growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- · Support and comply with the teachings of the church.
- · Attend NorthRidge Church services.
- Reflect the NorthRidge 16 Word Mission at all times
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A clear passion and calling for children’s ministry within the church
- Creative communication skills
- Administrative and organizational skills
- Demonstrates the gift of leadership
- Commitment to team approach to ministry
- Commitment to the development of leadership within the ministry of NorthRidge Church
- Member of NorthRidge Church
- Approved employee application and background verification on file
- Comfortable sharing your faith with others
- Enjoy working with staff as well as volunteers
- Initiative with a positive, professional attitude
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Professional / practical experience leading teams and developing programs
- Undergraduate degree is beneficial
PRIMARY GIFT NEEDS:
- Passion for ministry to children
- Creative Communication