MWC is a thriving church that is all about helping people FOLLOW Jesus, GROW in Jesus and MULTIPLY Jesus. We are a multi-generational church with a strong commitment to investing in and preparing the next generation for Kingdom impact. Summary: The Kids
Pastor is responsible for all kids’ ministries, birth – 5th grade.
Specific Qualifications: In addition to a strong, dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ, the candidate must have a passion and commitment for…
• Incorporating Jesus’ relational approach to discipleship into your own personal life and church-wide ministry.
• Developing a Kids Ministry that effectively partners with parents in the discipleship of their children.
• Recruiting, equipping, empowering and appreciating volunteers. • A team approach to ministry.
• The church as God’s ‘Plan A’ for reaching a lost world.
• Wesleyan/Arminian theology.
Experience: At least two to three years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Education: Bachelors from a 4-year university preferred.
• Aligning our Kids Ministry with the overarching vision of our church.
• Revamping our Kids Sunday morning ministries during both of our worship gatherings (9:00am & 10:30am) following the ‘Think Orange’ model.
• Developing a quarterly Family Worship Night event designed to equip and encourage parents in their role as the primary disciplers of their children.
• Incorporating ways for our kids to serve the community and within the church.
• Northwest District Kids Camp (Promotion, Registration, Transportation, Leadership Team Participation, Attendance)
• Communicate well with parents to promote a family friendly ministry and to create awareness.
• Manage the Kids Ministry budget/funds with the oversight and approval of the Pastor.
• Other pastoral duties as assigned.
All Mitchell Wesleyan Staff members are expected to be proficient with Microsoft Office and the major social media applications. • Utilize all relevant forms of social media as an avenue for communicating with and reaching youth.
Employment Type: Full-time
Contact: Tricia Oswald,
Organization Mitchell Wesleyan Church
601 N. Sanborn
Mitchell, SD 57301