The Children’s Ministry Pastor/Director position exists to direct the spiritual growth of the children (birth through elementary school) of Victory Church. This includes running a full children’s program during services on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights
using our current children’s ministry curriculum. The Children’s Ministry Pastor/Director is responsible to recruit, train, and develop teams and leaders in the children’s ministries areas, and to make sure the ministries are healthy and operate in a way that
is consistent with the mission and guiding principles of the church. They are also responsible to follow the spiritual growth track for children’s ministry as instructed by the Senior or Executive Pastor.
- Bachelor degree, preferably in elementary education, childhood development or a ministry related field
- General proficiency with Mac applications, Church Community Builder, Basecamp, etc.
- Detail oriented, with an understanding of the big picture
- Strong communication abilities in writing, on the phone and face-to-face
- Positive, patient, friendly and professional attitude and demeanor
- Trustworthy and confidential, able to anticipate needs without oversight, focus on the tasks at hand and efficient follow-through
- Strong sense of responsibility prioritization based on importance and urgency
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a ministry position
- Must agree with and represent Victory Church’s Statement of Faith
- Lead and direct all children’s ministries, which includes: Nursery, Pre-school and Elementary School age children.
- Use the children’s ministry curriculum to the maximum capacity to minister to children and families.
- Plan and direct a kids camp style event each summer.
- Recruit, train, and develop teams and leaders in each ministry area.
- Ensure that children’s ministry is healthy and operating in a way that is consistent with the mission and guiding principles of Victory Church.
- Manage child dedication requests, providing proper pastoral guidance through an approval process
- Follow the spiritual growth track for children’s ministry as instructed by the Senior or Executive Pastor.
- Provide Biblical counseling, prayer and ministry to people as needed.
- Serve as an active member of the church congregation by attending services, small groups and church events.
- Attend staff meetings, retreats, and other church functions, as directed.
- Maintain a disciplined life of worship, Bible reading, prayer, fasting, tithing and giving
Note: the Children’s Ministry Pastor/Director is an exempt position and responsibilities will be performed in approximately 50 hours per week. This will include a mix of normal business hours, church services, department meetings and staff meetings.
For more information, please contact Juli Hobby: email@example.com or 720-210-0081.