Position Title: Life Group Pastor
Reports to: Operations Pastor – Direct; Lead Pastor and the City Church Board - Indirect
Full-Time: Dual Portfolio (Life Group Pastor and Assimilation)
The Life Group Pastor position ensures that City Church is making disciples of Jesus Christ. It is essential that this person embodies a passion for systematic discipleship and exemplifies a commitment to the concept of a healthy local church. This individual,
along with a core team, will focus on an intentional and obvious system of assimilation and discipleship that takes people from pre-conversion to spiritual maturity by utilizing their oversight of the small group system at City Church to achieve this goal.
Position Core Values:
- The Spiritual Formation Pastor must be Spirit-filled, team oriented, relational, biblical, missional (community outreach minded), family oriented, culturally relevant, self-motivated and professional.
- Exhibit a personal character that is above reproach in areas of spiritual, moral, ethical and financial standards and in marriage/family relationships.
- Must believe that small groups are essential for spiritual growth within the local church. This key focus will be achieved through small groups as leaders are well equipped and groups are supported through learning, developing and multiplying.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as an integral part of the Pastoral Lead Team
- Expand the existing small group community by building teams, facilitating large scale meetings, training leaders, forming new groups and overseeing existing groups. An obvious system of steps that will focus on taking individuals from pre-conversion to
ministry leadership will support this growth.
- Implement an effective assimilation process to integrate and support first time guests into becoming active church members.
- Participate in pastoral functions outside of these areas as decided upon with the pastoral team and determined by personal passions and giftings.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required / Master’s degree preferred.
- Extensive experience pastoring and leading small group leaders within a church adherence of 750-1,000 is required.
- Proven ability to recruit, motivate, lead, train and release people into ministry.
- Team-oriented, people person, team builder, recruiter, (not pastorally-centric).
- Forward thinking/visionary/self-motivated
- Ability to lead, interact and influence a diverse array of cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to self-evaluate, willingly embrace and implement the team’s initiatives and positively respond to constructive feedback.
- Must be highly organized and have proven time management skills.
- Must be highly relational, consistently engaged in groups, serving and tithing.
- Possess strong written, oratory and creative skills.