TITLE: Youth/Worship Director
ORGANIZATION: New Hope Community Church
LOCATION: Brentwood, TN
To bring Jesus to the community of people that God has placed in our lives, and the world.
To be a people pursuing a relentless, unrestricted relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Through Contact: We will direct our complete focus to God during our worship gatherings.
- Through Core: We will train to become better disciples and evangelists.
- Through Care: We will serve the church, the community, the world.
- Through Community: We will develop relationships and connect people in the body of the church.
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
SUPERVISES: All Youth Ministry and Worship Ministry volunteers
RELATES TO: The Staff and Congregation of New Hope.
The person in this position will work with the Senior Pastor to develop and coordinate all aspects of the Youth Ministry and Worship Ministry. In particular, the Youth Director side of this position will provide spiritual leadership, planning, and coordinating
of all youth functions and activities. The Worship Director side of this position will focus on creating God-centered, participatory, spirit-flowing, worship for the main worship service. This includes coordinating volunteers, leading rehearsals, etc. This
person will also be able to work with the senior pastor in the worship area because of the senior pastor's worship background. Finally, this person must be able to recruit, administrate, and lead teams. They must be capable of managing a variety of responsibilities
with flexibility and attention to detail.
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Youth/Worship Director.
Must have at least an undergraduate degree in Bible or related field.
- Have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a growing relationship with Him.
- Wholeheartedly embrace the doctrine, mission, and worship philosophy of New Hope. (available on New Hope's Website. www.newhopechurchtn.org)
- Be in agreement with the Constitution and By-Laws of New Hope.
- Be in agreement with and function within the church governance model. (Elder, Deacons, Staff)
- Meet the qualifications of an Elder as outlined in Acts 20:17-35; 1 Timothy 3:1-7, 6:10-12; 2 Timothy 4:1-5; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Peter 5:1-3.
- Exhibit high view of role as ministry over a job.
- Be a team player
- Display integrity by being above reproach in all areas both public and private.
- Be a role model and an example in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, and in purity (1 Timothy 4:12).
- Be self-motivated and disciplined, take initiative, and stay focused with limited oversight.
- Be mature and responsible.
- Be a proven leader who exercises positive influence.
- Be financially responsible.
- Be teachable, humble, and willing to be held accountable.
- We prefer someone who is married.
- If married, have a healthy marriage with a spouse who supports work in ministry.
- Demonstrate respect, faithfulness, and loyalty to spouse (and children.)
Experience & Skills
- Effective public speaker; able to communicate God’s Word with depth and application.
- Have experience leading worship in a church setting.
- Ability to lead worship with an acoustic guitar.
- Possess vocal and musical ability to lead current worship trends.
- Proficient Bible knowledge.
- Familiarity with ProPresenter and PlanningCenter.
- Manage and works well with teams.
- Receive criticism humbly and handle confrontation wisely.
- Understand youth culture.
- Ability to edit music/video/graphics is a plus.
- Youth Ministry: 25 hours each week.
- Worship Ministry: 15 hours each week.
GOALS AND EXPECTATIONS OF THE YOUTH DIRECTOR
The effective Youth Pastor will achieve the following goals:
- Work to integrate the youth of New Hope into the overall vision for the church.
- Oversee the curriculum development and teaching schedule.
- Teach 75% of the time.
- Develop a consistent calendar of events and cycle of activities.
- Oversee the planning, promotion, and execution of activities and events.
- Provide leadership and training to all Youth Ministry volunteers and Student Leaders.
- Regularly read books, blogs or articles related to youth ministry.
- Attend at least one conference each year related to youth ministry.
- Develop an annual Youth Ministry budget and remain in step with it.
- Regularly communicate with students and parents.
- Organize and promote events and activities effectively and thoroughly.
- Maintain contact information database and Medical Release Form catalog.
- Purposefully plan and carefully evaluate the Youth Ministry and your leadership.
GOALS AND EXPECTATIONS OF THE WORSHIP DIRECTOR
The effective Pastor of Worship will achieve the following goals:
- Work well with the Senior Pastor to organize and arrange all components of the Sunday Morning Worship Service.
- Work with Senior Pastor to select, arrange, and format music for worship service use.
- Lead weekly rehearsal with worship band, vocalists, and tech teams.
- Oversee and/or lead special services (i.e. holidays, etc.) and worship related events.
- Develop goals and objectives for the Worship Ministry in line with New Hope Community Church's mission, vision, and Philosophy of Worship.
- Provide spiritual leadership and accountability to the Worship Ministry volunteers in an effort to inspire and facilitate spiritual growth.
- Train all Worship Ministry volunteers in the Bible Baptist Church Philosophy of Worship.
- Regularly read books, blogs or articles related to worship leadership and worship ministry.
- Attend at least one conference each year related to worship leadership and ministry.
- Develop the annual Worship Ministry budget and remain in step with it.
- Maintain CCLI Copyright License and reporting.
- Maintain music data bases (i.e. PraiseCharts, SongSelect, MusicNotes, etc.)
- Schedule volunteers and post service orders to PlanningCenter.
- Renew annual subscriptions to SongSelect and PraiseCharts.
- Purposefully plan and carefully evaluate the worship service and your worship leadership.
This position will be one that needs to work well with other team members. New Hope has a fun, easy going atmosphere and we are looking for people who fit that description. Being uptight, competitive, territorial, legalistic, and defensive are qualities
that we would not want to have in an individual who joins the staff. We are building a new team of people who are ready to make a difference for Jesus in the Nashville community!
If interested, please send Cover Letter and Resume to Joshua Huisman, Senior Pastor at New Hope Community Church. firstname.lastname@example.org