Woodland Community Church 9607 East State Road 70, Bradenton, FL 34020 (941) 758-8588
Job Description for Pastor of Children’s Ministry
This staff position shall be called the Pastor/Director of Children’s Ministry. The Pastor/Director of Children’s Ministry is considered an extension of the Age Group Ministry of Woodland Community Church. The Pastor/Director of Children’s Ministry shall
be under the direct supervision and leadership of the Executive Pastor and shall be responsive and accountable to him in all matters assigned, keeping him informed concerning all phases of the work under his direct supervision. The Pastor/Director of Children’s
Ministry is a full-time, professional ministerial position.
The Duties of the Minister of Children shall include:
- Assuming responsibility for the overall growth and development of Woodland Community Church’s Children’s Ministry.
2. Leading in planning, directing, coordinating, and evaluating a comprehensive educational program for the Children’s Ministry, which are K-5 – 5th grade, in all church program organizations. This includes Saturday night small group
time during evening service and two services on Sunday morning.
3. Provide leadership and direction for other Children’s Ministries such as Kidz Praize and Awana.
4. Leadership Development – Mentor and develop leaders and potential leaders within the Children’s ministry. Develop a leadership pipeline of people who can grow into areas of more responsibility in the ministry.
5. Develop leadership for workers of Children’s ministry, to include Division Directors, Teachers, New Christians Class, Kidz Praize (Children’s worship), Children’s camp, Vacation Bible School, and Awana.
6.Implement regular training opportunities for leaders.
7. Recruit and Manage directors of special activities for children during summer months (examples include Vacation Bible School, Children’s Camp, etc.).
8. Coordinate the use of program materials, equipment, supplies, and space for children needs within the larger Woodland framework.
9. Counseling with children, age group works and parents as needed.
10. Providing education for parents as a means for assisting them in parenting.
11. Recommending budget and controlling expenditures within approved guidelines for Children’s Ministry.
12. Support the church in its overall strategy to make disciples lay the foundation in children’s lives to grow and mature into the life of the church.
Work schedule and policies concerning the Pastor/Director of Children’s Ministry will be in accordance with established Church Personnel Policies and as listed below:
- He/she will be expected to be present for regularly scheduled church services or have approved leaders/directors to lead during those times. A workweek will consist of a minimum of 40 hours. The specific times of work will be arranged through and approved
by the Executive Pastor.
2. He/she will be allowed additional time off as explained in Personnel Policies. The specific times taken off will be arranged through and approved by the Executive Pastor.
The job description and performance of the Pastor/Director of Children’s Ministry shall be reviewed annually, or more frequently, by the Lead Pastor, Executive Pastor and the Chairman of the Personnel Ministry Team.