Contemporary Worship Director – Job Description
Trinity United Methodist Church
The primary components of this position involve leading the 8:30am Elevate Contemporary
Worship Service and cultivating a team of musicians to serve the church’s contemporary music needs. These duties support the mission of the church: Becoming Disciples of Jesus to Make a Difference. They are organized around the church’s ministry strategies:
Connect, Learn, Grow, Serve, and Give. This position, supervised by the Director of Music & Worship, is an essential leadership component of the church’s overall Music and Worship Ministry. The ideal candidate will possess a contagious passion for contemporary
worship and will demonstrate an ability to work well in a team-centered environment with particular focus on providing authentic, engaging, powerful worship experiences.
This is a paid part-time position. Salary is commensurate with past experience.
** This position may be expanded to include Youth Choir direction should the candidate possess interest and experience in that related field.
- A deep and growing love for Christ
- A demonstrated history of leading effective contemporary worship
- Agreement with the vision, direction, and theological beliefs of Trinity UMC
- A commitment to mobilize the gifts of the congregation and apply them to furthering the mission of the church
- An ability to organize and administrate as a ministry leader
- A proven team player who values healthy church-staff interaction
- A competent vocalist with proven mastery in worship band leadership
- An affinity and a deep love for engaging in worship
- A thorough understanding and familiarity with the common contemporary worship styles of the current time
- Work closely with the Senior Pastor and the Director of Music & Worship to plan and coordinate all the contemporary worship needs and ministries of the congregation.
- Lead worship weekly in the 8:30am Elevate Contemporary Worship Service and in occasional contemporary worship services throughout the year.
- Recruit, teach, direct, nurture, and develop music skills of singers and instrumentalists who have a desire to serve through contemporary music – enabling them to use their gifts in service to God at TUMC.
- Lead a weekly rehearsal with our Elevate worship band in preparation for Sunday worship.
- Participate and support the vision for cohesive worship design with preachers, music staff, and print/media support staff for all worship styles.
- Prepare and coordinate the contemporary music budget.
- Develop relationships with staff and congregation members to enhance ministry – including staff meetings (if the schedule allows), church social activities, etc.
- Submit articles to the ENTOS (church newsletter) as needed.
- Meet weekly with the Director of Music and Worship.
- Attend continuing education events as needed to enhance contemporary music goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
As a first step, submit a current resume which highlights your background of leading contemporary music in worship to:
Kendall Carter, Director of Music & Worship
Trinity United Methodist Church | Arlington, TX
Following an initial review, invited candidates will be asked to forward supplemental materials (recordings, statements of belief, etc.).